PDA

View Full Version : RAVEL

john del riccio
03-21-2007, 12:38 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/83380.html

Too bed, he looked like he was going to have a derby shot if he continued to progress.

JOhn

point given
03-21-2007, 06:19 PM

Too bed, he looked like he was going to have a derby shot if he continued to progress.

JOhn

with Ravel injured, i am wondering if the connections of Stormello might have 2nd thoughts of going back to gulfstream for the Florida Derby. Why ship him again and then ship back to s.cal , when you can stay home with the heavy favorite out of the race. I think some other trainers might be having 2nd thoughts as well. Anyone have an idea of the potential entries for SA Derby ? Is Great Hunter staying there ?

Stevie Belmont
03-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Ravel ran a nice Sham, but lets face it, the horse is a bit short to this point with the Drby 7 weeks away. Needed to be a bit more seasoned. Tabor has other prospects for the Derby as we know.

bobphilo
03-21-2007, 07:19 PM
with Ravel injured, I am wondering if the connections of Stormello might have 2nd thoughts of going back to gulfstream for the Florida Derby. Why ship him again and then ship back to s.cal , when you can stay home with the heavy favorite out of the race. I think some other trainers might be having 2nd thoughts as well. Anyone have an idea of the potential entries for SA Derby ? Is Great Hunter staying there ?

I think his trainer said he wanted another crack at Scat Daddy in the Fla. Derby.
Of course, I don't know how important that still is with Ravel out of the SA Derby.
The Derby Watch at DRF has the next probable start for all the top Derby contenders so that might give you an idea of who is pointing for what race.

Bob

bobphilo
03-21-2007, 07:31 PM

JOhn

Yeah, plus his stock rose when Song of Navarone (who he had beaten) won the Win Star with a very good Beyer.

It's a good thing they picked it up early. He could have broken down badly on the track if they hadn't spotted it with the scan.

Bob

OTM Al
03-21-2007, 10:44 PM
Its always good to prevent injury. The Sham was almost looking like a negative key race until Song won something, but then again, it wasn't the most competitive field either. I got little faith in the left coasters this year.

AwolAtPA
03-21-2007, 11:29 PM
[QUOTE=DRFpletcher
According to Pletcher, Ravel first was "a little off in his left front" over the weekend. Subsequent X-rays failed to find a problem, but when Ravel was examined via nuclear scintigraphy, "it lit up his left front cannon bone," Pletcher said.

[/QUOTE]

note the message from a professional trainer.

apparently, Pletcher did not accept the Xray's answer and expect the Scintigraphy (whatever that is!) was an expense he justified to confirm what was wrong with the horse.

if more trainers had the cash flow to be this professional
---then, maybe, the breakdown count would be reduced.

duane

Stevie Belmont
03-22-2007, 12:13 AM
I remember Bill Currin, Stormellos trainer talking a little smack to Barclay Tagg about No Biz before the FOY on the Gulfstream feed. He was being interviewed before the race. He was like you have the big horse and we are gonna beat you. Im not %100 sure what the exchange was.The two were close to each other in the paddock.The commentator made mention of it. Not really something you see before a big race, or any race peroid. He was really high on Stormello and cocky that day. I would figure he might want to go try Nobiz again.

john del riccio
03-22-2007, 04:12 AM
Ravel ran a nice Sham, but lets face it, the horse is a bit short to this point with the Drby 7 weeks away. Needed to be a bit more seasoned. Tabor has other prospects for the Derby as we know.

Agreed that he was lightly race but I thought he was pretty professional winning that prep and wanted to see if he would come back with another improved effort. Pletcher has so many bullets that de-railing a quality horse like this from the Derby trail has no affect on him. Its good to be king....

JOhn

kenwoodallpromos
03-22-2007, 12:20 PM
note the message from a professional trainer.

apparently, Pletcher did not accept the Xray's answer and expect the Scintigraphy (whatever that is!) was an expense he justified to confirm what was wrong with the horse.

if more trainers had the cash flow to be this professional
---then, maybe, the breakdown count would be reduced.

duane