PDA

View Full Version : TC preps

john del riccio
03-18-2007, 08:56 AM
The Tampa Bay Derby stretch run was pretty awesome, both horses were very game and there is no doubt that both the top two don't mind mixing it up.

The San Felipe was a clinic in "pace makes the race". The winner was able to relax and the race was all but over with 3/4's of a mile left to run.

The Arkanasas Derby was a very unusual race in that the two favorites
were coming off maiden wins. TEUFLESBERG certainly didn't validate his 100
Beyer and I am further convinced that his previous race was very over-rated.

John

the_fat_man
03-18-2007, 02:42 PM
The Tampa Bay Derby stretch run was pretty awesome, both horses were very game and there is no doubt that both the top two don't mind mixing it up.

The San Felipe was a clinic in "pace makes the race". The winner was able to relax and the race was all but over with 3/4's of a mile left to run.

The Arkanasas Derby was a very unusual race in that the two favorites
were coming off maiden wins. TEUFLESBERG certainly didn't validate his 100
Beyer and I am further convinced that his previous race was very over-rated.

John

TPD:

6 to 1 that Delightful Kiss beats the rest of the field has to be the OVERLAY of the year.

SF:

when there's a controlling (yet somewhat suspect) speed in the race, it's usually a good idea to save ground and ride intelligently: GG did neither. The margin of victory for the winner was such that a better ride makes the race a tossup even given the advantage of the winner.

REBEL:

If we threw out TEUFELSBERG, since he got a very fortuitous setup last time and certainly wasn't going to get it again and was simply not good enough to win otherwise

and we assumed that the only way Officer Rocket could win is if the field completely collapsed (although, he certainly got a funky ride yesterday)

and

considered that Curlin was VERY WIDE throughout and the jock spent more time trying to keep him in in the stretch rather than riding him, while he DREW on the field in his maiden effort --the chart on this race is telling -ABSOLUTELY NOTHING GAINED AT ANY CALL.

we're left to laugh at the contention of the TG people that he would bounce :lol:

Though, I spend the duration of that race repeating "WAIT, Not YET" in anticipation of Albarado moving too soon.