PDA

View Full Version : Liniment Medication Inquery

eddessaknight
03-15-2007, 07:28 PM
Quick Question:

Anyone familiar with the generic name or brand of liniment that is topically applied to horses legs and joints for temporary relief of pain due to joints and arthritis ?

Thanks in advance-

eddessaknight :)

eddessaknight
03-23-2007, 03:40 AM
Oh come on. someone at the track or, any trainer track must know??? :bang:

Thankx
eddesaknight :)

Dick Schmidt
03-23-2007, 04:31 AM
The one I know about is called "Absorbine". I think that's how it's spelled. They also have a "Jr." version for people. Back in the day many people were using the horse medicine on themselves so they watered it down some and sold it for use on people. Haven't seen it in years, but I think it is still being made. Lots of old time baseball players swore by it.

Dick

Is it my imagination, or do buffalo wings taste like chicken?

point given
03-23-2007, 11:36 AM
Quick Question:

Anyone familiar with the generic name or brand of liniment that is topically applied to horses legs and joints for temporary relief of pain due to joints and arthritis ?

Thanks in advance-

I think Frank Passero used Yukon Jack at Gulfstream a few years ago and it worked for him. ;)

tboles
03-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Years ago I was told that Dimethyl Sulfoxide (DMSO) was used. Not sure if this product is still being used today.

46zilzal
03-23-2007, 04:37 PM
the most common type

eddessaknight
03-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Many thanks to all who answered the call by responding with useful information.

point given
03-23-2007, 08:55 PM
Years ago I was told that Dimethyl Sulfoxide (DMSO) was used. Not sure if this product is still being used today.

Paired up with some harness guys playing golf last year. I had inflamation from index finger to wrist and the guy says, "just D & C it ", me, "huh ? "
DMSO and cortisone. Bought a tub ,but no cortisone, had a slight effect but time was the real healer. One thing it did was give you bad breath though.

tboles
03-23-2007, 09:17 PM
One thing it did was give you bad breath though.

Tried it myself and your right...had a corn taste to it.