PDA

View Full Version : New Jerry Bailey CD

philsfan07
03-15-2007, 11:44 AM
Anyone take a look at the Jerry Bailey 'inside info' cd that they are promoting on TVG? It certainly seems interesting and you would think a guy like that would have some incredible insight into handicapping. Wasn't sure if anyone purchased it or had any thoughts.

Ron
03-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Is this new or are these the same ones that have been out for a year now?

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27678&highlight=jerry+bailey

ryesteve
03-15-2007, 03:27 PM
It certainly seems interesting and you would think a guy like that would have some incredible insight into handicapping.
Nothing against Bailey, but I always thought that jockeys were generally regarded as notoriously bad handicappers...

porchy44
03-15-2007, 04:41 PM
Nothing against Bailey, but I always thought that jockeys were generally regarded as notoriously bad handicappers...

30 years ago, several jockeys at a particular racetrack (which shall remain unnamed) were making bets through the blacksmith who in turn was giving the money to a friend of mine to bet. They made 25-30 consecutive bad bets.

Overlay
03-15-2007, 05:21 PM
In a long-ago thread, I noted Eddie Arcaro's comment that the job he wanted to get after he was through riding was as the bookmaker in the jockeys' quarters.

BMeadow
03-16-2007, 01:35 AM
I liked the Jerry Bailey DVD. Anything that contributes to our overall understanding of the sport is a plus, and I think this DVD fits into this category.

46zilzal
03-18-2007, 12:16 PM
If someone is realtively new to the game, this DVD is a gold mine of information. For experienced players it might be a good review. HPI televsion has shown segments of it each weekend now for the past several Sundays. It is worth seeing once.

To "old pros" it is a good review of what you may have forgotten:VERY TRADITIONAL points of view however, nothing ground breaking.