PDA

View Full Version : hollywierd

Suff
11-11-2002, 07:45 PM
Did Hollywood Cancel the last race due to a power outage? Can't get the results nowhere!! What they plan on doing with pick 6 and 3 wagers? anyone know what is going on out there right now?

Suff
11-11-2002, 07:57 PM
yup,, canceled.. California racing "S . ucks.. the fields are tiny.. the horse's pigs... 1 day alw56Knw3... next day CLM 16000.... class means nothing out there. And thats THIER premier racing facilty.. HOLLYWOOD... forget GG or BM... two backwater JUNK tracks,,, man o man... Power outage,, no backup? no generator?.. no alternate plan?.... I only bet it because I was in handicapping contest and it was one of the tracks.... I NEVER bet CALIFORNIA,, racings a joke. Give me two circuits and one track and I'm fine,,, NYRA, KENTUCKY and Gulfstream. and its NYRA first and a long way back to the other two. NYRA "is" racing in the USA.

GameTheory
11-11-2002, 08:03 PM
Actually, Hollywood Park would have to be considered the "least premier" of the three major So.Cal tracks, wouldn't it?

rrbauer
11-11-2002, 08:10 PM
Cancellation affects P4, P3, DD payoffs. It affects the P6. All
single-race bets refunded.

So, the question is, how much emergency backup power does it take to keep
the tote system alive and to open the starting gate and take the
finish-line photo? Consider that California over the summers of 2000 and
2001 was experiencing power blackouts, so contingency planning for such
events must (should?) have been on their operational agenda at that time
(or, was it?). There was still daylight today, so having power to the
plant's night-light system wasn't necessary. No backup power. No races.

The more the window into racetrack and tote operations opens, the worse
it looks. Hope that you weren't live into the 8th in today's "pick" bets
with "all" in that leg....if so, you got screwed!

JimG
11-11-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by GameTheory
Actually, Hollywood Park would have to be considered the "least premier" of the three major So.Cal tracks, wouldn't it?

I'd rate them Del Mar, Santa Anita, then Hollywood in terms of prestiege.

cj
11-11-2002, 08:20 PM
Hey,

What about FPX :) :) :)!

CJ

GameTheory
11-11-2002, 08:24 PM
You're right --

Del Mar, Santa Anita, Fairplex, and then Hollywood...

BillW
11-11-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by rrbauer
Hope that you weren't live into the 8th in today's "pick" bets
with "all" in that leg....if so, you got screwed!

Look on the bright side .... with "all" in the last leg of a pick bet, you could've got arrested!:D

Suff
11-11-2002, 08:31 PM
But even though it was not Saratoga's best year.. it still was a MUCh better meet than Del-mars... something is wrong with california racing... I lived in carlsbad... about 15 mins from Del-mar... drove by it everyday on my way to Kearney Mesa... Astoundingly beautiful race track....

I was in the "KING of the Hill" handicapping contest on DRF.com's WWW site this weekend,,, single elimination tourney. I eeeked out a win to start on Saturday , SUNDAY I blew up the place hitting everything in site and destroying my opponent. I had the $55 dollar winner in the 3rd at NY.. the 17 dollars and 26 dollar winners at Hollywood yesterday. So today was the semi-finals,, I was going up against a documented 30% capper. he was 7-5 to beat me. I was ahead of him by $3.00 with the last at Hollywood to go. I had two horses , the 5 and 8,,, he had 1 horse the 2. his other horse scratched out... His horse was 4-1.. my two horses were 5-2 and 7-2... he needed to win to beat me... any horse but the 2 and I win and advance to the finals....

They canceled the race and I was awarded the Victory. I compete in the Finals next weekend on the DRF.com site.

ranchwest
11-11-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by BillW
Look on the bright side .... with "all" in the last leg of a pick bet, you could've got arrested!:D

What if someone caused the power outage? That gives them ALL. Not very good security.

Speed Figure
11-11-2002, 09:06 PM
No Way Fairplex is better than Hollywood Park.I go to Hollywood all the time it is a great track but, Santa Anita is by far the better track in L.A.

I don't think anything is wrong with so cal racing.:p

Suff
11-11-2002, 09:19 PM
4 horse fields? Frequently.. matter of fact.. an 8 horse field in a California race is considered a BIG field. Less betting interests, less betting Value... and as far as class is concerned... I'm baffled by the frequent ENORMOUS class drops out there... a 50K claimer , dropped to a 25 in NY is unheard of,, and if it happened, he'd be 3-5......... I see horse drop from 62,500 to 20,000 all the time in california,, go off at 5-1 and lose by 10 lengths... what does that say about the Horse,, the 62,500 class? To me it says, that Class is weak in california.

so.cal.fan
11-11-2002, 10:44 PM
Sufferin'

Say what you want, however.......our So. Cal horses have a pretty damn good record in Graded Stakes around the country.
They do well in the "biggies", even our Cal. breds!
Remember Tiznow?

New York racing is also very excellent, as is Ky.
New York has a low takeout......I like that.
Ky. has pretty good size fields and well bred horses.
Lone Star has good betting races, we all like those.

Santa Anita always comes up with big name horses.
Del Mar is a fun place with good horses running.....
Fairplex is a fun place with some pretty fair competition.
Hollywood Park has the best damn paddock I have ever been in!
;)
So. Cal. Fan.

superfecta
11-11-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Sufferindowns
I was in the "KING of the Hill" handicapping contest on DRF.com's WWW site this weekend,,, single elimination tourney. I eeeked out a win to start on Saturday , SUNDAY I blew up the place hitting everything in site and destroying my opponent. I had the $55 dollar winner in the 3rd at NY.. the 17 dollars and 26 dollar winners at Hollywood yesterday. So today was the semi-finals,, I was going up against a documented 30% capper. he was 7-5 to beat me. I was ahead of him by $3.00 with the last at Hollywood to go. I had two horses , the 5 and 8,,, he had 1 horse the 2. his other horse scratched out... His horse was 4-1.. my two horses were 5-2 and 7-2... he needed to win to beat me... any horse but the 2 and I win and advance to the finals....

They canceled the race and I was awarded the Victory. I compete in the Finals next weekend on the DRF.com site. Congrats Suffy,and good luck,but you must admit.....maybe the track deity smiled on you ?I remember a fella earlier this year was on the way to a big pick four payout but in the last leg he had 4 of the horses in a 6 horse field .One of the horses he didn't have scratched late.He knew he was gonna lose then,he told everybody in sight,before the race,"I aint gonna get it ,you know why?Cause the gods hate me!"He lost.

GameTheory
11-12-2002, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by speed figure
No Way Fairplex is better than Hollywood Park.I go to Hollywood all the time it is a great track but, Santa Anita is by far the better track in L.A.

Actually, that just a joke at Hollywood's expense, but I've actually never been to Fairplex except to go to the computer show, so maybe it is actually nicer.

Still, I was pretty disappointed when I went to Hollywood the first time -- kinda dumpy. I had been to Santa Anita hundreds of times and I figured, well I should at least go down to HP and see what it looks like (at the time I was living about equidistant from both tracks, although L.A. traffic effectively makes HP a much longer drive). Besides, I enjoyed having the turf club at SA to myself when the horses were elsewhere...

cato
11-12-2002, 02:37 AM
Sufferindowns: Congatulations! But I give up, I was all over the DFR site and could not find any information about the tournament--where can I find information? Is it available to entries from he public (Like next time they offer the tournament)?

Take care, Cato

Suff
11-12-2002, 05:03 AM
from the main page, go into "Interact"... from their you'll see thier boards... contest run on the "POST YOUR PICKS BOARD"... can't miss it from there.

delayjf
11-12-2002, 01:12 PM
Could not help but see your comments about Hollywoods padduck, perhaps this should be another thread, But I got to say that IMO DeLmars Paddock is much better than Hollywoods. To me Hollywood and SA about the same. I took an east coast swing this summer and the paddock I like the best even over Saratoga's was Delaware Parks. Saratoga's was nice but from where I was you were 100 yards from the horses with a wall of owners between you and the horses.

If I could create a California track, I'd take Delmars paddock. Hollywood Parks track and infield and place them at Santa Anita's location with their grandstand and backstretch. Delmars backstretch is a dump as is its infield. Hollywood Parks is in the wrong part of town. I was there one day when some guy grabbed a bag of money off the money chart as it was being moved. I wished the horse I had just lost money on had been able to run as fast as that thief. He did get caught though.