PDA

View Full Version : cynthia publishing books

Billythekid
03-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Hey,
I was just browsing the Cynthia Publishing online store, and am thinking about maybe getting one of these books; 21st Century Handicapping, the How To Play series by Dick Mitchell, as well as 11 winning Exacta situations by Mark Cramer. Has anybody read these? Worth the $$$?

Also, does anybody use any of those stats guides for meets and trainers that Jim Mazur puts out? Did you find it useful? I'm really looking to step up my game this year, so im looking to go a little deeper into a few things. And if you can recommend any other good books that would be awesome too.

Thanks,
BTK

witchdoctor
03-13-2007, 08:24 AM
11 Exacta Situations is good.

21st Century Handicapping is not very good.

I did not get anything out of the Mazur series.

How to Play series I haven't read.

Lefty
03-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Personally, i thght 21s Century Handicapping was very interesting and good.

kitts
03-13-2007, 01:20 PM
21st Century handicapping is good and 11 winning exacta situations has contributed mightily to any major exacta scores I have had. Also, Dick Mitchell's book, Winning Thoroughbred Strategies, is superb and a must use.

dylbert
03-15-2007, 12:08 AM
21st Century book is one of Mitchell's weaker efforts.

I don't own Cramer exacta book -- but everything that I have by him is great read as well as useful information.

Mazur put outs really nice product. Best to get prior to meet beginning so that you get most value. If you're trainer stat freak, you will enjoy his work.

banacek
03-15-2007, 12:28 AM
I have 11 Exacta Situations and enjoyed it. Have almost everything Dick published, but I would have to say that 21st Century Handicapping would be last on my list of his books - I found it quite a disappointment.