PDA

View Full Version : wagering format

rolling
03-12-2007, 07:49 PM
Can anybody explain this one to me.NYRA will not take certain type bets from tracks they are simulcasting such as 10cent suppers 50cent pick4.OTB will take these bets then i noticed fair grounds has quinella betting all races but otb will not take this bet.Any explanation for this.Movie triva question in the movie a Bronx tale what track are they at when mushy is walking down the stairs cheering on his horse and all the hoods tear up there tickets before the end of the race.If mushy bets it a sure looser.I though the scene was hysterical.

mannyberrios
03-12-2007, 08:14 PM
AQU.

ranchwest
03-12-2007, 11:04 PM
That's interesting because NYRA takes like $1 bets on W or P or S. The way they break it down, the payoff on a dollar can include a nickle. Lone Star doesn't have nickles to pay off.

1st time lasix
03-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Many ticket punchers fight to stop 10 cent supers at their home tracks when the topic comes up because they fear backed up window lines, ...unsophisticated betters ....and all the coin change they would have to deal with more often. I suggest that the tracks should allow the lower denomination at their computer betting terminals only. There is great debate on these lower denomination wagers. I personally no longer go into pools at the $1 level where they allow on site players to go in for .50 or less. i feel it cuts my payout when I find a longer shot that gives me an overlay. Without going in to the nuiances.....I feel that too many use the "all" button because the cost is too low. Just my choice as an exotic player that relies on handicapping. In a paramutual situation....where I am playing against others after the takeout......I want to have tickets that no one else has. To each his own.

rrbauer
03-14-2007, 04:57 PM
That's interesting because NYRA takes like $1 bets on W or P or S. The way they break it down, the payoff on a dollar can include a nickle. Lone Star doesn't have nickles to pay off.

How does LS settle up vouchers that may have a 5-cent component that resulted when several bet payoffs got added together? I can recall those days when a track wouldn't even take a nickel (from a dollar's worth of change) as part of a bet but I thought they were past that these days.

ranchwest
03-14-2007, 05:07 PM
How does LS settle up vouchers that may have a 5-cent component that resulted when several bet payoffs got added together? I can recall those days when a track wouldn't even take a nickel (from a dollar's worth of change) as part of a bet but I thought they were past that these days.

The cashiers prefer that the customer eat the nickle. I don't like this on principle, so I try to bring nickles and give THEM change. :D