PDA

View Full Version : Serous question re: Dog's constipation

ljb
03-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Have a one year old puppy that has suffered from constipation last two `days. He had one of them green chew bones three days back otherwise only puppy chow for diet. anybody got any home cures for this ? He does not vote and has shown no political preference. ;)

Lefty
03-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Lbj, this is nothing to fool around with. Could get serious. Call the Vet right away.

Tom
03-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Ditto that - get him there pronto.
I've heard those green bones can cause bad things in a dog's system.
Take whatever is left of it with you. Not sure if yours is one of them, but some can swell up inside.

Good luck - and keep us posted.:ThmbUp:

JustRalph
03-12-2007, 01:14 PM
He does not vote and has shown no political preference. ;)

he is obviously smarter than the rest of us too.............. call the vet

Racer98
03-12-2007, 03:06 PM
try eggs, and a vet.

GameTheory
03-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Don't feed him anything until you talk to the vet.

ranchwest
03-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Lbj, this is nothing to fool around with. Could get serious. Call the Vet right away.

Interesting that his name is Ljb and his dog has no political affiliation, but you accidentally misread his name as being that of a political person. :)

Lefty
03-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Interesting that his name is Ljb and his dog has no political affiliation, but you accidentally misread his name as being that of a political person. :)
Ranch, no accident. The dog may be a-political but the owner is not.

fergie
03-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Well, since you asked for it--the home remedy--I'll try to oblige, but keep in mind that if you get no results as far as stimulating his bowel, then the best thing is to take him in to the vet. Anyway--take a small piece of soap (just big enough to get up his anus) uh--is it okay to use that word? Well just push it up his wahoo and make him hold it there for a moment. You'll have to help him hold it because he will immediately try to pass it. After a moment let him go. If he doesn't have a bowel movement along with the soap you've got a mighty sick puppy. Oh, and don't just take a rough cut piece of soap--smooth it up with your pocket-knife and then roll it around in water a few times to make it slick. Not a fun thing, but it works. When you do it your dog will look about like this:eek:.
If he looks like this:cool: you probably don't have a dog fit for breeding purposes.

Sorry, I was on a roll. Really the soap works.
Fergie

philsfan07
03-13-2007, 10:01 AM
I always found a good way to get our puppy to go to the bathroom is to wipe his butt with a very warm rag or towel.. Works like a charm

Tom
03-13-2007, 12:36 PM
Hey L......

How's he doing today?

JustRalph
03-13-2007, 01:12 PM
I always found a good way to get our puppy to go to the bathroom is to wipe his butt with a very warm rag or towel.. Works like a charm

always works for me too............

Stevie Belmont
03-13-2007, 03:59 PM
OMG...dont give them those freakin greenie things. Thousands of dogs have gotten constipated and died from them. They dont break down in the intestine...Bad news...Stuff should be off the market..

Was that what you gave him a Greenie?

Have a one year old puppy that has suffered from constipation last two `days. He had one of them green chew bones three days back otherwise only puppy chow for diet. anybody got any home cures for this ? He does not vote and has shown no political preference. ;)

beertapper
03-13-2007, 04:21 PM
i used to give my dog greenies, but there are a few site floating on the net saying that they are not digested properly (?) by dogs, and can lead to complications etc... not worth the risk.

Tom
03-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Bump.....

Ljb,
How's the puppy doing?
I was thinking about you with all this news about bad dog/cat food.
Sure hope you didn't get any of it.