PDA

View Full Version : one more q about FoY (CJ??)

JPinMaryland
03-10-2007, 06:22 PM
SOrry I am late with this one. Did you say that the track was playing a bit faster for this race? I think CJ said it was about 6 pts. faster which I take it to mean he is using a Beyer type scale. So i.e. it was what about 0.6 sec. faster than what would be par for Gulfstream? Do I have that right?

It seems to me that one questoin that remains about that race is whether these horses are not very fast or whether the pace was super torrid. Would Stormello have received a better CJ figure than SCat Daddy, based on such pace??

I guess that is two more questions.

Robert Fischer
03-10-2007, 09:53 PM
upping this for CJ

IMO we didn't have any superhorses, but there was a game horse on the front end (stormello) who put himself in winning position...
Now regardless of actual time or pace when that happens, it becomes harder for a stalk and drive type of horse like the favorite (Nobiz) to relax and pounce. You relax too much... and you may just have given up the win... Did C Val. get him caught in between? Probably not, this is a young horse , who can only benefit from adversity... Scat Daddy is a good horse who ran a tactical race and benefited from Stormello.

In other words my opinion was that there were a number of good competitors involved. I enjoyed the race, and I feel the horses did what they could do and this time it went to Scat Daddy.

the_fat_man
03-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Now, THAT's taking a firm stance

Robert Fischer
03-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Now, THAT's taking a firm stance

irony is hard to see on the net...

I had them running to form. I thought it was a good three year old race. Some thought it was sub-par, some get excited over Nobiz "under-performing", I think they ran to form at this stage, and I was a little surprised that Scat Daddy ran such a nice tactical race.

the_fat_man
03-10-2007, 10:22 PM
Just to throw something out there:

there's a race with 5 calls:

in every one of those calls, there are 4 (including the leader) horses within 2.5 lengths of the leader ---in a single call, a single horse is 3 lengths back

the leader is out by at least 1/2 length and by as many as 1 1/2 lengths

now, of those 4 horses, only 1 does not run in the money AND

only ONE actually loses 'significant' lengths (about 1 3/4) between the last 2 calls (stretch to wire); another loses 1/2 length

then there's SD

outrun 5, 4.5, 3, and 4 lengths to the stretch

so he makes up 4 lengths between the stretch call and the wire (after not being able to keep up with the pace and losing a length between 6F and the stretch)

Two possibilities:

-- SD ran real well late

--the others all collapsed late -see above, to show they didn't; moreover, all the also rans went significantly backwards from 6F to the wire

i think SD, got run off his feet early trying to keep up --so not much tactics were involved

then ran very courageously in the stretch to run down horses that weren't coming back

whether they were running slow (22.85 second quarter says they did some running) or not

they ran to 'form' for me as well :cool:

Tom
03-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Or, he didn't try to keep up early.
They might be looking to get him to relax early.

cj
03-11-2007, 05:43 AM
Scat Daddy
GP 03/03/07 | 112 95 106 95 | 90| | 96*

Stormello
GP 03/03/07 | 112 95 112 95 | 87| | 101

Nobiz Lke Shobiz
GP 03/03/07 | 112 95 109 94 | 87| | 98

Adore the Gold
GP 03/03/07 | 112 95 111 94 | 85| | 98

JPinMaryland
03-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Okay I think those numbers make sense, it is on a Beyer scale, Yes?

ANd I dont know if these numbers reflect the track bias for that day (just not familiar w/ your format here). I thought you said on the DT forum that the track was playing 6 pts fast. Yes?