PDA

View Full Version : Duplicity Rules Again......Those Damn Dems

JustRalph
03-09-2007, 07:58 PM
http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewCommentary.asp?Page=/Commentary/archive/200703/COM20070309a.html

Of Hate-Speech and Hypocrisy
By Patrick Goodenough
CNSNews.com Commentary
March 09, 2007

(Contains language that may be offensive to some readers.)

(CNSNews.com) - The left-wing Daily Kos blog has been driving a campaign to have companies pull ads from Ann Coulter's website after the conservative author used a slur in a recent speech, but leftist websites -- including Daily Kos -- have themselves used the offending word in the past.

Daily Kos postings have included the word "faggot" at least three times in recent years, as have other liberal blogs -- without apology, and without generating a furor.

During a characteristically caustic speech at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) last Friday, Coulter said, "I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, but it turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the word 'faggot,' so I ... can't really talk about Edwards."

The outcry was not long in coming, with the Human Rights Campaign, which advocates for homosexual rights, issuing a statement calling her use of the term "vile and disgusting" and the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) saying it was "vile and unacceptable."

THERE ARE EXAMPLES POSTED ON THE LINK

MORE AT THE LINK

Secretariat
03-09-2007, 08:30 PM
I would be interested in the context Kos used the word. For example, if they reported that Ann Coulter used the word "faggot" is that one of the examples cited?

Coulter is free to use hate speech, but she then must accept the fact that advertisers are free to withdraw their money from her site. :bang:

lsbets
03-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Isn't Kos the guy who said that the contractors who were burned and hung from the bridge in Fallujah were mercenaries who got what they deserved?

Racer98
03-09-2007, 09:15 PM
I can't report on that last note, but hey, a word is a word to me.

3 times in recent years? So that's maybe once a year? I use faggot at least once a month, and no one looks at me like I'm the devil.

Maybe it's Coulter's track record (she told 9/11 widows to "get over it") that has her being dissed. I personally despise her, but that's just me.

JustRalph
03-10-2007, 12:30 AM
I would be interested in the context Kos used the word. For example, if they reported that Ann Coulter used the word "faggot" is that one of the examples cited?

Coulter is free to use hate speech, but she then must accept the fact that advertisers are free to withdraw their money from her site. :bang:

go look at the examples in the article.........the context is right there

kenwoodallpromos
03-10-2007, 12:40 AM
HER use of the word!

This may be of-topic, but someone protesting a Christian event in SF said on TV "We do not tolerate intolerance".
This was a gay lesbian objecting to the Christian protest of SF's alcoholic, employee's wife-banging mayor illegally performing gay marriages.

Secretariat
03-10-2007, 01:13 AM
Duplicitous....

WASHINGTON - Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich acknowledged he was having an extramarital affair even as he led the charge against President Clinton over the Monica Lewinsky affair, he acknowledged in an interview with a conservative Christian group.

"The honest answer is yes," Gingrich, a potential 2008 Republican presidential candidate, said in an interview with Focus on the Family founder James Dobson to be aired Friday, according to a transcript provided to The Associated Press. "There are times that I have fallen short of my own standards. There's certainly times when I've fallen short of God's standards."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070309/ap_on_go_co/gingrich_affair

And below...well, what can I say....

The nation's top two law enforcement officials acknowledged Friday the
FBI broke the law to secretly pry out personal information about Americans. They apologized and vowed to prevent further illegal intrusions.

Attorney General Alberto Gonzales left open the possibility of pursuing criminal charges against FBI agents or lawyers who improperly used the USA Patriot Act in pursuit of suspected terrorists and spies.

The FBI's transgressions were spelled out in a damning 126-page audit by Justice Department Inspector General Glenn A. Fine. He found that agents sometimes demanded personal data on people without official authorization, and in other cases improperly obtained telephone records in non-emergency circumstances.

The audit also concluded that the FBI for three years underreported to Congress how often it used national security letters to ask businesses to turn over customer data. The letters are administrative subpoenas that do not require a judge's approval. "People have to believe in what we say," Gonzales said. "And so I think this was very upsetting to me. And it's frustrating. We have some work to do to reassure members of Congress and the American people that we are serious about being responsible in the exercise of these authorities," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070310/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/national_security_letters

JustRalph
03-10-2007, 01:24 AM
xDuplicitous....

WASHINGTON - Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich acknowledged he was having an extramarital affair even as he led the charge against President Clinton over the Monica Lewinsky affair, he acknowledged in an interview with a conservative Christian group.

"The honest answer is yes," Gingrich, a potential 2008 Republican presidential candidate, said in an interview with Focus on the Family founder James Dobson to be aired Friday, according to a transcript provided to The Associated Press. "There are times that I have fallen short of my own standards. There's certainly times when I've fallen short of God's standards."

OLD NEWS..........this story is very old.........I wonder why your side defended Clinton so vigorously, but now try to make it an issue to use against Gingerich. If you really believe it was "just sex" for Clinton, you shouldn't be bringing it up. You know, good for the goose?
Oh yeah, Duplicity rears its head........once again..........
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070309/ap_on_go_co/gingrich_affair

And below...well, what can I say....

How in the hell does this come under the heading of Duplicity? FBI agents didn't get the appropriate paperwork? The report even says that their was no intentional violation............? Keep swinging........we'll keep pitching them at you................

The nation's top two law enforcement officials acknowledged Friday the
FBI broke the law to secretly pry out personal information about Americans. They apologized and vowed to prevent further illegal intrusions.

Attorney General Alberto Gonzales left open the possibility of pursuing criminal charges against FBI agents or lawyers who improperly used the USA Patriot Act in pursuit of suspected terrorists and spies.

The FBI's transgressions were spelled out in a damning 126-page audit by Justice Department Inspector General Glenn A. Fine. He found that agents sometimes demanded personal data on people without official authorization, and in other cases improperly obtained telephone records in non-emergency circumstances.

The audit also concluded that the FBI for three years underreported to Congress how often it used national security letters to ask businesses to turn over customer data. The letters are administrative subpoenas that do not require a judge's approval. "People have to believe in what we say," Gonzales said. "And so I think this was very upsetting to me. And it's frustrating. We have some work to do to reassure members of Congress and the American people that we are serious about being responsible in the exercise of these authorities," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070310/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/national_security_letters

Secretariat
03-10-2007, 01:28 AM
Old news? Like Clinton isn't? Besides Gingrich brought it up with Dobson just today.

JustRalph
03-10-2007, 01:46 AM
Old news? Like Clinton isn't? Besides Gingrich brought it up with Dobson just today.

I know he did. He is trying to get it out of the way so he can run for president. Which is stupid...........he should sit on his hands

Tom
03-10-2007, 09:58 AM
I think Ann Coulter is very clean.
Even cleaner now without the Al Qeda money, er, lib oney.

But you guys, this is historic stuff here - we may soon have the first WOMAN president!

John Edwards.

kenwoodallpromos
03-10-2007, 11:51 AM
IMO your post was off topic (The topic- "Those Damn DEMS"!) LOL!! :D :lol:

Racer98
03-10-2007, 05:04 PM
How clean is Coulter? Like I mentioned before (something that was neatly swept under the rug by the rest of you) She told the widows of 9/11 to "get over it." Clean as an oily rag.

Well, Ralph, it's not that we're flip-flopping, we're just pointing out that an anti-Clinton righty broke the same rule that he bashed the ex-President for breaking! That would be like if tomorrow George Bush signed a nonagression pact with Osama Bin Laden. It would be against everything he stands for, and, in turn, would also be flip-flopping, now wouldn't it?

JustRalph
03-10-2007, 05:26 PM
How clean is Coulter? Like I mentioned before (something that was neatly swept under the rug by the rest of you) She told the widows of 9/11 to "get over it." Clean as an oily rag.

I suggest you use the search function. This has been discussed.

If you really are new, then do a little reading.

She was right about the NY Widows.

It wasn't "neatly swept under the rug" it was discussed.

Racer98
03-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Well, tell me exactly how she was affected by 9/11? If you lost your spouse in a terrorist attack, you wouldn't be exactly thrilled either.

Tom
03-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Do the search.
Your fingers broken?