PDA

View Full Version : Dem Report Card after 3 Months

Tom
03-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Gas prices up $0.31 in last month.
Oil companies has the dems in thier pockets, apparently.
:lol:

delayjf
03-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Congress approval rating lower than President Bush's :lol:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-03-14-congress-poll_x.htm

46zilzal
03-09-2007, 04:32 PM

Congress is made up of a group of indivuals the majority of which NO ONE trusts

Secretariat
03-09-2007, 08:41 PM

Delayjf,

I'm glad you posted this. If you notice the date of the article you posted it is from 03/15/2005. Wasn't both the House and Senate Republican majorities at that time?

wonatthewire1
03-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Sec,

You're not supposed to look at the date it was published...

And there will never be another post on this thread now!

lsbets
03-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Delayjf,

I'm glad you posted this. If you notice the date of the article you posted it is from 03/15/2005. Wasn't both the House and Senate Republican majorities at that time?

AP-Ipsos 3/5-3/7 of 2007 - Bush 35%, Congress 33%
NBC 3/2-3/5 of 2007 Bush 35, Congress 31

If you notice the dates, both the House and the Senate are Democrat and poll worse than Bush. But, I suspect you knew that and would rather talk about delay posting the wrong link.

Racer98
03-09-2007, 09:11 PM
I approve of the congress 100% more than bush. But then, I'm not with AP or NBC, so I've no clue on who actually votes on these things.

PaceAdvantage
03-09-2007, 09:40 PM
Gas prices up $0.31 in last month.
Oil companies has the dems in thier pockets, apparently.

Not to mention the DOW tanks 500+ points in one day (at its lowest point).

These guys are doing a hell of a job so far....

Secretariat
03-10-2007, 01:21 AM
AP-Ipsos 3/5-3/7 of 2007 - Bush 35%, Congress 33%
NBC 3/2-3/5 of 2007 Bush 35, Congress 31

If you notice the dates, both the House and the Senate are Democrat and poll worse than Bush. But, I suspect you knew that and would rather talk about delay posting the wrong link.

I did know that. Can you now post the approval rating of Congress when the Republicans were the majority just before the election? I think you'll find Congress' rating has gone up compared to that mess. Hint - It was below 20% during the last few months of Republican abuse.

Frankly, I find it amusing that a thread is started based on three months yet GW has got a pass on the war for most of you for the last four years. I am quote pleased what the House did over the first month, but Republicans invoked cloture in the Senate even on a non-binding resolution (imagine if the Dems had done that for something like the Supreme Court nominees!.)

I will agree I think the Repubs like Warner were successful in thinking that a bipartisan effort might be forthcoming, but in reality they just succeeded in delaying Dems. I think Dems will be moving forward in the coming month on Iraq. Bush will veto, but at least Congress will be voting what the people want according to the last vote, not rubberstamping a guy now out of touch with the people.

46zilzal
03-10-2007, 01:29 AM
According to this NO one likes them very much no matter the makeup.

Tom
03-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Ol;d news, Sec - YOU always said we should focus on the current governemt and stop talking about Cinton.

"You're doing a Hell of a job, Pelosi!"

wonatthewire1
03-10-2007, 09:59 AM
<<Not to mention the DOW tanks 500+ points in one day (at its lowest point).

These guys are doing a hell of a job so far....>>>

Hope you were short...and volatility in the markets give me some interest again

:jump:

It is interesting that when the economy is doing poorly, you get angry at people who "blame the president or the government" saying that they are not that involved.

Yet, when there is a reasonable pullback, you are ready to jump on the "new congress"?

Yakky yak

wonatthewire1
03-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Tom,

Is that Pelosi or Michael Jackson in that photo?

Or a better question > should I get my eyes checked?

Tom
03-10-2007, 10:03 AM
I see no reason to insult Jacko here.:lol:

wonatthewire1
03-10-2007, 10:08 AM
true > and i noticed that there aren't any gloves on so it can't be Jacko or OJ

Tom
03-10-2007, 10:38 AM
OJ is trying to prove he is the father of Anna Nicloe's baby.
Jacko is the only one, so far we can totally, eliminate. :lol:

PaceAdvantage
03-10-2007, 10:53 AM
It is interesting that when the economy is doing poorly, you get angry at people who "blame the president or the government" saying that they are not that involved.

Yet, when there is a reasonable pullback, you are ready to jump on the "new congress"?

Yakky yak

Awww, I'm just being silly. I fully realize that the new Congress isn't responsible for the recent drop in the market, just as I realize that President Bush isn't to blame for every single poor person living in America today.

And by the way, this recent jolt of volatility has been "bery bery good to me" as a trader. Long and short.....

Tom
03-10-2007, 10:58 AM
I'm with PA.

I just enjoy watching the libs here argue the other side of everything now that it is THEIR side in power. It's my version of Danicng with the Stars. :D

(This hole is good for PERCH. They keep biting.)

Racer98
03-10-2007, 05:19 PM
<<Not to mention the DOW tanks 500+ points in one day (at its lowest point).

These guys are doing a hell of a job so far....>>>

Hope you were short...and volatility in the markets give me some interest again

:jump:

Yakky yak

Answer it, Tom. And also note that the Dow was at its highest point ever under that very same congress.

Tom
03-10-2007, 05:55 PM
You really don't read very well, do you?
Already answered.

Which nut case are you, back under this handle? You sound familiar.

Racer98
03-10-2007, 06:29 PM
No, I've never heard of this forum before I stumbled across it recently. And refresh my memory...

I agree with a point by PaceAdvantage a while back. His last post.