PDA

View Full Version : I hope it's not too late

cees with dees
03-08-2007, 01:54 PM
But Homegrown Queen has a tied tail and mud calks. This is Kazamias' signature move when the barn is betting.
Hope she can clear Crayda and if not, hope she can sit second and win.
Regardless, 8-1 is a fair price. Good luck.
Ben

the_fat_man
03-08-2007, 05:08 PM
she stumbled bad a stride out of the gate; VERY nice job by Hill staying on her; wouldn't have thought he had it in him ---and then, of course, she didn't change in the stretch

and the charts got it right: Jersey Gia got an INSIDE trip.:rolleyes:

the_fat_man
03-14-2007, 03:21 PM
and the charts got it right: Jersey Gia got an INSIDE trip.:rolleyes:

this horses victory today ($18.40), 6 days back after being claimed, points out a number of interesting factors

1) the chart man has her "outrun early, raced inside and lacked a rally".

In point of fact, she, like just about every horse lately that breaks from the outside post (be it sprint or route, AQU, GP, or whatever) breaks SIGNIFICANTLY OUTWARD, then needs to take a left turn (here) to recover.

Thus, when then settled, Jersey Gia was in the 11 (or so path). And she didn't really break out as badly as some others I've looked at recently. (The 2nd place finisher in the Gotham would be another example, as would Adore the Gold in the FOY). No wonder she was 'outrun early'. She then sharply veers to the inside, takes the turn in the 1-2 path, enters in the 1-2 and finishes very well in the 6 path, in a race that didn't come back.

What's my point?

1) Might be worthwhile noticing those horses that break out at the start.

2) While the charts are accurate as to position from the rail, they're not comprehensive.