PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here use Mare Conduit Profiling?

Psychotic Parakeet
03-07-2007, 01:31 PM
http://www.dimarpublishing.citymaker.com/page/page/1367143.htm

It is somewhat similar to Dr. Roman's dosage system, but I find it to be more accurate as it focuses on the female side of the family. His books are definitely interesting to read and he does have a handicapping book that incorporates the usage of Beyer figures and such for specific distances.

I like to incorporate the Conduit information as a tool when handicapping maiden races, FTS, and/or races in which the field is stretching out to longer ground. It is a bit more questionable in races where there are horses that have a solid foundation and excel at a range of distances.

Anyone else care to share their experience with this?

bobphilo
03-07-2007, 02:48 PM
http://www.dimarpublishing.citymaker.com/page/page/1367143.htm

It is somewhat similar to Dr. Roman's dosage system, but I find it to be more accurate as it focuses on the female side of the family. His books are definitely interesting to read and he does have a handicapping book that incorporates the usage of Beyer figures and such for specific distances.

I like to incorporate the Conduit information as a tool when handicapping maiden races, FTS, and/or races in which the field is stretching out to longer ground. It is a bit more questionable in races where there are horses that have a solid foundation and excel at a range of distances.

Anyone else care to share their experience with this?

Thanks for the link. While sire and dam contribute equally to the offspring’s nuclear DNA. The mitochondria and its mDNA come 100% from the dam. This is important because the mitochondria are the “powerhouses” of the cell where all of the animal’s energy is produced. The mare therefore has an important extra role in the offspring’s racing ability.

Bob

witchdoctor
03-07-2007, 03:12 PM
I have read those books. As for Bill Lantrop's system, I haven't used it as such. I do look at the counduit numbers to get an idea if a horse can stretch out or not. In addition, 1st time starters with 9 or more Brilliant points seem to be viable 1st time starters. I have a subscription to pedigreequery.com so I don't have to do the numbers by hand.

eddessaknight
03-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Hey Psy-

If you would permit me a sidebar question-

PATHS OF INFORMATION-

Have you found Dr Sartin's 'Master Handicapper- The Success Machine'? to be viable for you ?

Thanks in advance for sharing your personal experiences-

Keep on Winning,
eddessaknight :)

Psychotic Parakeet
03-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Hey Psy-

If you would permit me a sidebar question-

PATHS OF INFORMATION-

Have you found Dr Sartin's 'Master Handicapper- The Success Machine'? to be viable for you ?

Thanks in advance for sharing your personal experiences-

Keep on Winning,

Hi Eddessaknight,

I have used Sartin numbers for nearly four years, but I had no idea that there was a "Master Handicapper" to utilize his method. Care to share where you found that, please?

I use Microsoft Excel and programmed it to understand the calculations so all I need to type in is the given distance that the horse ran at plus the lengths beaten at the given calls (if applicable) and the fractions. I use fractions in hundredths as I found them to be just a tad more accurate.

As far as it being a viable tool, oh yes. It found Adoration in a perfect spot in the BC Distaff in '03 as a very live play. Sure enough, I keyed her on top with Got Koko and such for the trifecta and it paid around $1,200. It also helped me figure out Lion Heart as a viable contender in the KY Derby (eventually ran 2nd place to Smarty Jones) because he had an abundance of early speed that would last long enough to hold out going a long distance. The tool also helped me give a second look at Thor's Echo in last year's BC Sprint as it ranked him in the Top 5 list by fractions and such.

I use the numbers for making my track profiles to create "pars" and such and I separate nearly all of the races at a given distance by running styles also. I learn a lot by how a horse runs by looking a their Sartin line. I could tell if the horse is a front runner, presser, stalker, rally type etc... I use Sartin in more ways than one to sort out many factors and learn about the horse in depth than any other tool that I use.

Thanks for inquiring about the Sartin Methodology. Even though it is somewhat labor intensive at times, it helps me get a couple steps ahead of the general betting crowd and that is what I love about it. It is very difficult to find an unbiased handicapping system such as this.

-Laura

robert99
03-07-2007, 08:18 PM
I have used CM methods for Group One races where the horses are inexperienced or not run the distance before such as the 2000 Guineas, Epsom Derby. It is also useful for the Grand National - 4.5 miles.

CM is statistically based and unbiased rather than believing the prepotent stallion, chef de race myths of dosage.

Dosage by itself does sometime work well and sometimes very badly and it is difficult to predict when or explain why - other than that the dam lines are missing.
Combining it with CM points to a good bet when they both agree, and a bet to swerve when they disagree.

If a horse has proven itself on the ground and/or distance I don't take any account of its breeding other than if it is likely to be a late maturing horse - so it will likely improve even more if later raised in class.

eddessaknight
03-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Hello Lura, et al-

In brief, I am relatively new to racing and after discovering the Dr Howard Sartin story I was lucky enough to buy a mixed box of racing systems at a swapmeet. Amongst this eclectic collection is the "Official Sartin Methodology TODAY Workbook for Video/Audio #1, 2 & 3 (don't see any a/v tapes.)

Anyway also in this grab bag is 'The Master Handicapper Version 2.0: the Success Machine' offer from Mary Sartin on 5/24/2000 which is about a computer software program that ostensibly reads the "the pub;ic mind" and profitably takes you inside an "expert's mind" with the most "accurate numbers ever".

I wrote to see if you or other board members had experience with this Master Handicapper software?

As Dr Sartin is not my uncle nor am I related to Mary or have any personal investment with their enterprise, this inquery is not intended as any form of sale promotion.

Laura, I do appreciate your sharing your positive experiences with the Sartin methodologies and as they are a bit daunting for a newbie I found your commnetaries to be encouraging and are much appreciated.

Are you currently using the aforementioned "Official Sartin Methdology TODAY Workbooks" ?

Any racing/wagering application suggestion or recomendations are most welcomed.

PS-
I also have some assorted materials from or about professor "DR Z" that I would be happy to share if you are interested.

Thanks in advance-

Regards,

witchdoctor
03-10-2007, 07:13 PM
The Master Handicapper is a Mike Pizzola product. He and Sartin split in the early 90's.

eddessaknight
03-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Witchdoctor-

Appreciate the heads up on Mike Pizzola connection!