PDA

View Full Version : Home office/Capping

philsfan07
03-06-2007, 11:32 AM
I am thinking of (finally) creating an office/handicapping sanctuary in our basement and wondered if anyone had any tips on 'essentials'.. I have the computer, laser printer, wireless, lcd monitor, tvg/HRTV.. I would like to expand to 2 monitors (one for odds, one for video/capping info)..

So what am I missing?

DanG
03-06-2007, 12:23 PM
I am thinking of (finally) creating an office/handicapping sanctuary in our basement and wondered if anyone had any tips on 'essentials'.. I have the computer, laser printer, wireless, lcd monitor, tvg/HRTV.. I would like to expand to 2 monitors (one for odds, one for video/capping info)..

So what am I missing?
PhilsFan,

Here’s a thread that should cover many aspects.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24069&highlight=HOME (http://showthread.php?t=24069&highlight=HOME)

Sounds like you have the essentials covered. I do strongly recommend not cutting corners on a quality chair. Your body with thank you over time.

Couple others off the top of my head.

The two monitor set up is not a luxury, its essential.
Depending upon how serious you are a second computer is also very important.
Uninterruptible power supply.
Good quality lighting is a huge plus on your eyes and concentration.
Good luck to you…

rrbauer
03-06-2007, 12:35 PM
1. Filing cabinet or filing box to put stuff in when your better half "straightens up" for you. Stuff to include betting records for self-analysis and potential IRS encounters.

2. Mets and Braves posters for something to throw darts at. :)

BIG RED
03-06-2007, 01:22 PM
BOSE speakers. Great for wind down time too! :cool:

DanG
03-06-2007, 01:36 PM
BOSE speakers. Great for wind down time too! :cool:
Big Red…

Now you’re talking my language!!! :ThmbUp:

Maybe a recording studio in the corner while were at it!!! ;):)

DanG
03-06-2007, 01:40 PM
If I may speak on behalf of CJ…

If you’re betting Northern California you may want to consider padding the walls too. ;)

Just kidding…Sorry, I couldn’t resist… :D

linrom1
03-06-2007, 01:44 PM

So what am I missing?

Oh man, why do want to be stuck in a basement? Get yourself a notebook computer that you can add to your wireless network so that you can copy your capped files. Prop yourself on a couch in your living room where you can send wagers from while watching TVG/HRTV on your big TV. Or better yet, put a TV in your patio/sun room.

philsfan07
03-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Oh man, why do want to be stuck in a basement? Get yourself a notebook computer that you can add to your wireless network so that you can copy your capped files. Prop yourself on a couch in your living room where you can send wagers from while watching TVG/HRTV on your big TV. Or better yet, put a TV in your patio/sun room.

I have the whole laptop wireless setup, but I would like to have an office mostly to be in peace watching the Phillies games this Summer, as well as being able to focus on capping... However, I also would like a place to organize all of my 'stuff' and not have the little ones ruffling through it only to find crayon all over my trip notes :-)

JustRalph
03-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Just got one of these. I can't believe the speed and range of this thing.

Anybody up for a router or replacement..........$99

Best $99 bucks I have spent in a while.

I went from 100kb downloads to 485-550 downloads on my wireless laptop.

http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/RangeMaxNEXTWirelessRoutersandGateways/WNR834B.aspx

Snag
03-27-2007, 09:00 PM
A small fridge will do wonders too for your milk, sodas, orange drink, etc.

Hope you have a bathroom down there.

banacek
03-27-2007, 09:04 PM
A small fridge will do wonders too for your milk, sodas, orange drink, etc.

Hope you have a bathroom down there.

I've got the computer, dart board (yes for when the handicapping sucks), filing cabinets, TV, fridge, but no bathroom. I guess there is always those astronaut diapers if you've got a lot of races coming up in a row!:lol:

ranchwest
03-28-2007, 12:11 AM
Big Red…

Now you’re talking my language!!! :ThmbUp:

Maybe a recording studio in the corner while were at it!!! ;):)

Sorry for dragging this off topic, but what instrument(s) do you play?