PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Springer Gets New Job

billrock
03-06-2007, 07:40 AM
I just read that Jerry Springer will be hosting the second season of "America's Got Talent" this summer. I must admit I didn't see any of the shows during the first season when Regis Philbin was host. Has anyone here seen the show? Is it worth my time to watch it this year?

Greyfox
03-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Is it worth my time to watch it this year?

Yes. Last year's winner was an 11 or 12 year old girl singer who was better than anyone on American Idol.
Mr. Loveable, Simon Cowell that is, was one of the judges.
The show goes beyond American Idol in that any kind of entertainer may appear. Last year's show featured Yodellers, Quickchange artists, Musicians, acrobats, Quartets, jugglers and whatever. More entertainment value for the buck in my opinion than the Idol.

Ron
03-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Simon Cowell wasn't a judge on the show -- he was the producer.

I thought the show was stupid -- Brandy and Hasselhof are morons.

http://www.nbc.com/Americas_Got_Talent/show/

Greyfox
03-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Excuse me Ron. You don't seem to remember Cowell getting into an awful row with two quick change artists? If he wasn't judging their performance what was he doing.
He judged every performance on the show. And yes, you're right he was a producer behind the idea. I didn't like the other two judges either.
But the show itself had merit. Sort of a throw back to the Ed Sullivan era, but with judges.

Greyfox
03-07-2007, 01:34 PM
OOOps. I'm wrong. It was Pierce, a Brit similar to Cowell.
Sorry.

JustRalph
03-07-2007, 09:09 PM
OOOps. I'm wrong. It was Pierce, a Brit similar to Cowell.
Sorry.

they all look alike huh? :lol:

Racer98
03-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Ralph, do you remember Springer running for Governor? Lost to Celeste in the primaries. Mayor of Cincinnati.