PDA

View Full Version : Headed to Gulfstream this week

andicap
03-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Taking a last minute trip with my cousin to Gulfstream Wed-Friday. Cheap airfare and free condo makes it possible.

Looks like the restaurant is the best place to watch simulcasts. Anyone know if there is there anyplace to plug in my laptop there?

Saw the good suggestions in the other GP thread.

Anyone else be there this week?

hbeck
03-05-2007, 02:23 PM
I am currently in the West Palm Beach airport- went to Gulfstream yesterday.

The place was an absolute zoo. Hopefully it is less crowded on a weekday.

The restaurant seems like the best place to watch.

I didn't see anyone with a laptop.

point given
03-06-2007, 12:59 AM
Taking a last minute trip with my cousin to Gulfstream Wed-Friday. Cheap airfare and free condo makes it possible.

Looks like the restaurant is the best place to watch simulcasts. Anyone know if there is there anyplace to plug in my laptop there?

Saw the good suggestions in the other GP thread.

Anyone else be there this week?

Seen people with laptops in there , call the restaurant and see about tables that have AC nearby, i donot use ontrack. The 10 Palms is half to 3/4 empty on weekdays and sundays, saturday is very busy. There are some tables that have TVs which have betting available on the TV, just load $ in at a teller, my buddy likes that alot, not all have it though so call ahead to reserve. The restaurant has a $29.99 buffet, and after the live racing is over, you cannot bet in the restaurant as they reset the place for nighttime buffet of $16.99 for slut players. Silks in North clubhouse is the simo center, make sure to reserve there as they often get sold out. The front seats have tvs and only some of them have the betting on the TV, so call, ask and reserve ahead. Serenata on 2nd floor has simo too with tables, no cost to seat, but order soup and sandwich for lunch there, cheaper than the buffet . PM me if any other questions, I am down here and track a couple days a week, monday and friday cards are usually weak, weds,thurs are better. GL

richrosa
03-06-2007, 08:33 AM
Andicap,

Too bad. I'll be down there on Sunday.

10 Palms is easily the best place to camp out. I don't know if they have Wi-Fi there, as I use my Treo 700p to power internet, but they definitely have outlets.

You will enjoy the experience there. Whether or not you like the setup, we have to get used to it as slots start to dominate race tracks.

BillW
03-06-2007, 12:12 PM
Andy,

Have a good trip and tell your cousin I said hi.

Bill

karlskorner
03-06-2007, 04:33 PM
If you are coming Wed-Fri there are excellent seats trackside for a small fee, young ladies about to take your wager. Of course if your coming to GP to play simulcast I question, why bother ?

1st time lasix
03-07-2007, 11:07 AM
On Saturday I suggest you consider springing $$$ for a couple of individual seats in the suites. Betting machines, wonderful outside view of the stretch and a couple of tv monitors. The 3rd level clubhouse is a bit disfunctional. Glassed in views, lines at the windows and no tv monitors close by. They are at the bar so that might be an excellent alternative. It is crowded elsewhere since there is a lack of adequate seating. No matter where you go on that day....you will need a reservation. No walk ups eeven if you there first. 3rd floor.....first class all the way. If you are going to just enter as a regular patron...be prepared...... long lines, little room, little English being spoken, no chance to spread out a form. Even the Palms restaurant some have spoke about requires advance reservations. A buffet with the slot players just isn't my cup of tea.