PDA

View Full Version : David Walker

46zilzal
03-04-2007, 10:32 PM
Very informative section on 60 Minutes tonight.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/03/01/60minutes/main2528226.shtml

JustRalph
03-04-2007, 11:32 PM
Isn't that the same show that produced forged documents and tried to influence a national election a few years back? You know, the one where everybody got fired over it? You know, the one where Dan Rather threw away a career trying to impose his Liberal values into the national election?

yeah, I tend to

"NOT BELIEVE A DAMN THING THEY SAY!!!!!"

46zilzal
03-04-2007, 11:43 PM
Given that you cannot quote a word spoken by a man who is U.S. Comptroller at the GAO, why am I not surprised? Complete guilt by association, not content.....

The Book by it's cover is an old expression that stays around for good reasons.

http://www.gao.gov/cghome/dwbiog.html

http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0105/p01s02a-usec.htm

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-11-14-fiscal-hurricane-cover_x.htm

Tom
03-05-2007, 07:30 AM
cBS news leans sof ar left I'm surprised it hasn't fallen over.
Agre Ralph - Brothers Gimm more reliable than cBS.

Secretariat
03-05-2007, 11:11 AM

It's the typical reply from the right here. And yet they want to be called conservatives. They attack the source rather than even know what Walker advocated. And they like to think of themselves as fiscal conservatives? I'll help them out a bit. Walker advocated expedited action on social security and medicare and medicaid and all entitlement programs.

Yet they fell into your trap 46, they attacked the report simply because it was on 60 minutes. Well done.

ljb
03-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Good Point Sec,
But like I said it is a waste of time trying to have a discussion with these "corporate pawns". The Veterans administration budget was cut 2.7 billion in 2005, the Walton family gains 28 billion over the next 10 years thanks to elimination of the estate tax. Power to the corporate big shots.

Tom
03-05-2007, 12:38 PM
"...all entitlement progrms."

I stand by by post - how much wasted treasure on the war on poverty since LBJ stated it?
Where is our exit strategy?

I have posted we spend too much, but this guy is making it look like breaking news. It's not like it's a immenent threat, such as GLobal Warming?

Trap? :lol::lol::lol:

Greyfox
03-05-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm not going to be an ostrich. The article at CBS News is frightening, if true. Worth investigating at the very least.

lsbets
03-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Good Point Sec,
But like I said it is a waste of time trying to have a discussion with these "corporate pawns". The Veterans administration budget was cut 2.7 billion in 2005, the Walton family gains 28 billion over the next 10 years thanks to elimination of the estate tax. Power to the corporate big shots.

Newsflash ljb - the super rich never paid the estate tax - there are a bunch of ways around it, if you can afford to set it up.

ljb
03-05-2007, 01:15 PM
News Flash ls,
The Walton Family will gain 28 billion in the next ten years because of elimination of the estate tax. Meanwhile the Veterans Administration budget was cut 2.7 billion in 2005. Corporate pawns ignore facts like these.

lsbets
03-05-2007, 02:08 PM
News Flash ls,
The Walton Family will gain 28 billion in the next ten years because of elimination of the estate tax. Meanwhile the Veterans Administration budget was cut 2.7 billion in 2005. Corporate pawns ignore facts like these.

ljb, it is obvious you have no clue how the estate tax works, so your way of dealing with your ignorance is to call those who understand "corporate pawns". Just admit you're ignorant and move on to another topic. Or did you forget that you don't have the intelligence to discuss anything of substance?

Tom
03-05-2007, 02:48 PM
News Flash ls,

Please explain the math behind 28 billion in 10 years.
Then, please tell us how many others will benefit from this - or is it only about vengence for the largest employer in the country?

BTW, Wal Mart is doing more for this country than ALLGORE.

Secretariat
03-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Newsflash ljb - the super rich never paid the estate tax - there are a bunch of ways around it, if you can afford to set it up.

Interesting. Surprising they lobby so hard to get rid of it then.

Secretariat
03-05-2007, 05:45 PM
BTW, Wal Mart is doing more for this country than ALLGORE.

You made an error Tom.

"BTW, Wal Mart is doing more for another country [China] than ALLGORE.'

JustRalph
03-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Walker advocated expedited action on social security and medicare and medicaid and all entitlement programs.

Funny, I seem to remember a certain president running around the entire country for six months screaming about overhauling these programs and you guys called him crazy? Oh yeah, I forget that unless you bring it up and can control the money, you don't give a shit, really isn't that what it really is all about?

ljb
03-05-2007, 08:51 PM
ljb, it is obvious you have no clue how the estate tax works, so your way of dealing with your ignorance is to call those who understand "corporate pawns". Just admit you're ignorant and move on to another topic. Or did you forget that you don't have the intelligence to discuss anything of substance?
Spoken like a true pawn.

Tom
03-05-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm still waiting for you to explain the math, Ljb...or can't you do it?

Sec - you would prefer Wal Mart closed it's doors and laid off all it's workers tomorow?

Secretariat
03-06-2007, 10:31 AM
I'm still waiting for you to explain the math, Ljb...or can't you do it?

Sec - you would prefer Wal Mart closed it's doors and laid off all it's workers tomorow?

I would prefer they stop making China rich and a true threat to our national security.

Tom
03-06-2007, 12:38 PM
And still employ as many a they do now?
Care to explain how?

delayjf
03-06-2007, 01:16 PM
I would not be so worried about China had not all that missle technology some how made its way to China under the under the Clintons. :bang: