PDA

View Full Version : What the hell? HRTV

JustRalph
03-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Why the hell am I watching the Meadows all of a sudden?

BillW
03-03-2007, 06:10 PM

Just lucky, I guess. :p

BTW, is Roger on the horn today? :lol:

BIG RED
03-03-2007, 08:29 PM
You can always change the channel to TVG.................. and watch the Meadowlands :jump:

abuttry
03-03-2007, 11:27 PM

Every Meadows racing day.................It is horrible

TriSuper
03-11-2007, 10:34 AM
I recently switched from Dish Network to Comcast cable. I am in Western Pennsylvania. Apparently, channel 259 on Comcast in PA shares time with the Meadows Racing Network and HRTV. UGH! I have to see the Meadows races on their race days and I don't get to see the morning replays...instead I get the Jewelry network!.

At least my wife was understanding enough and didn't put up a fuss when I added the sports package so I could get TVG.

Looks like I'll be hooking up the PC to the TV and watching the races at calracing.com and youbet.com

At least the kids have their Sprout network and On-Demand movies.

TS

rrpic6
03-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Every Meadows racing day.................It is horrible

I talked to Armstrong Cable a few years ago and got nowhere. I did not mind paying an extra $10 a month for HRTV, but not for the Meadows Racing Network. I had enough when they switched to MRN, with 45 minutes to race 1, right in the middle of a 6 1/2 furlong turf race at Santa Anita. I called the next day to have them disconnect me, and now pay zero a month for cable.

bkeefe
04-15-2007, 09:11 PM
You are correct MRN is broadcast on 259. I love the meadows so its good for me. I've spoke to numerous times about why HRTV is only broadcast from 12p-12a. They kept telling me its all HRTV's fault that they must only be broadcasting 12 hours a day. Which as we all know is bull. I work midnights and would love to be able to watch replies when I get home in the morning. If you look at HRTV's site they are on air about 16 hours a day. Maybe if we all keep harassing Comcast they will not cut the service at midnight. If I have to pay extra for the channel the least they can do is let me see it all the time. TVG usually runs later than HRTV, and for some reason shows what is on the channel. HRTV on says TBA on my screen, odd, very odd.

JustRalph
04-16-2007, 11:36 AM
I get it..... I am an Armstrong cable customer. Phone, etc. I am going to have to scream at them. I know it won't do much good.

Thanks for the info............

Btw, I get the jewelry network too...........no replays.

joeyreb
04-16-2007, 08:05 PM
They actually only have racing from 7am to 11:59pm, They have some Home Shopping Network, from about Midnight to the Racing Replay Shows start around 7am.

Friday night, The Dallas area we had some really bad weather, including hail

I had to tickets for Lone Star Park Friday night, I switched to Dish Network so I could watch HRTV, to see Santa Anita and Lone Star Park.

Because the hail, I decided to stay home. I have a new brand 2007 Mustang, 3 months old. Lone Star Park starts at 6:35pm I stay home and watch HRTV.

Race 1 goes off and Santa Anita ends, then a Re-run of Inside Information, no Race 2 or Race 3, I missed an hour of racing for a re-run.

That's why TVG is better.