PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Winning With Fast Fred Pro

rebrick99
03-02-2007, 09:40 PM
Is anyone using Fast Fred Pro with good results. I have the program and would like some input about using the program.

danddiver
03-02-2007, 10:21 PM
I bought it and it looked like it may be promising but it wasn't compatible with my printer(a fairly new HP that has never had a problem with any software or any kind of printing).
The guy that sells it said he'd help me but never did.
So I'm out the money I paid for it.
I wouldn't recommend it based on customer support.
Never been ripped off on a software purchase before.
Live and learn.
Dan

usetheforce
03-03-2007, 05:36 AM
I have used it for a while now and have been fairly profitable. Paul who wrote and sells the program was very helpful in the begining sending me files for various tracks that he had success with. It is like any other program, you have to find what works at what track and for what distances. Class works well on distances greater than a mile but of course not at all tracks, I have found it works on the big tracks not on the smaller ones. Hope this helps.

pressman
03-03-2007, 09:17 AM
I find it useful in i dont have to calculate FPS or turn times The class figs are good and it gives some angles to help seperate contenders I always print and take the 1 pager with me to the track The power ratings sometimes hit a good price winner

headhawg
03-03-2007, 11:34 AM
rebrick,

I agree with usetheforce and pressman. It is a decent tool but you need to spend time with it finding what works at each individual track. I have not been able to find settings that work for all tracks. Before I started using Equisim and cj's figs I relied a lot on Fast Fred esp. for the PCR numbers. I don't really use the program anymore though.

HH

GEM85
03-03-2007, 03:35 PM
Try saving the files in notepad and shrink the font to 7-8, otherwise you have to go with landscape.
GE

bigmack
03-04-2007, 01:32 AM
Just so I understand, there's a program called Fast Fred that was written and is sold by a guy named Paul? :lol:

bobozoid
03-04-2007, 04:14 PM
try print to file with pdf 995 works great and free

Tom
03-04-2007, 05:08 PM
Primo PDF, also free, works well, and I use it a lot.

K9Pup
03-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Just so I understand, there's a program called Fast Fred that was written and is sold by a guy named Paul? :lol:

It's a marketing thing. Fast Paul just didn't sound right. You know just like a doctor with the last name of Hurt. That can't help business.

trying2win
03-06-2007, 01:49 AM
I tried using Fast Fred Pro in the past with not much success. Haven't used it in quite awhile. But, I see there are some members that seem to be doing alright with this handicapping software. Good for them.

I have older versions 3.14 and 3.50 of Fast Fred Pro. If anyone is interested in getting a good deal on one of these older versions of Fast Fred Pro, just send me a P.M.

Like some PA members, I've tried many different handicapping softwares to find one that has good tools in the handicapping process and fits my style.
Lately, have gone back to Joe Zambuto's basic handicapping software (but that's for discussion in another thread).

T2W