PDA

View Full Version : Haliburton investors

Tom
03-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Guess who bought 2 millin shares of Haliburton?

George Soros.
Is he a bad guy now?

kenwoodallpromos
03-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Almost funny!! If not weird!

skate
03-02-2007, 03:30 PM
oh yes, too much.

let me ask, when was this done.?

id guess, 3 or 4 weeks backs.
somebody brought up HAL, and they 've had lots of volume every since.

linrom1
03-02-2007, 06:57 PM
This is funny. I thought that the stock was exceptionally strong last 2 weeks, but, I wouldn't touch it since its benefactors in high office will soon get the boot.

delayjf
03-02-2007, 07:59 PM
If Hillary gets elected I'm dumping all my money into Chinese defense stocks :lol:

Steve 'StatMan'
03-02-2007, 11:46 PM
B. Clinton adminstration did business with Haliburton while Chaney was in charge there.

Administrations past, present, and future, will continue to do business with Haliburton. They can do what few, if any, U.S. firms, can do. So much ridiculous whining by the Bash Bush, ABB, and MoveOn.org groups, and now their Great Benefactor buys into the Haliburton. I'm sure he wouldn't do it if it didn't make great business sense. It's the other pricks I'm laughing at, after all they've cried here and in the media about. Gee, I guess a Democratic President in 2008 and Soros will suddenly make owning Haliburton stock the Approved, Fashionable Thing To Do among the Libs and the PC Crowd.

By the way, I heard there was unsold Ad Space for the Super Bowl this past year.

Steve 'StatMan'
03-02-2007, 11:50 PM
Or - Do some of the Lib Deperados believe Soros is valiantly spending some of his own fortune to somehow heroically change and dismantle Haliburton from within? :lol:

JustRalph
03-02-2007, 11:56 PM
This is funny. I thought that the stock was exceptionally strong last 2 weeks, but, I wouldn't touch it since its benefactors in high office will soon get the boot.

Where the hell do you get this stuff? you really believe that Cheney and Bush benefit from this don't you?

Tom
03-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Who profits?

ljb
03-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Where the hell do you get this stuff? you really believe that Cheney and Bush benefit from this don't you?
Doesn't everybody believe this ?
:lol:

Tom
03-03-2007, 11:48 AM
Fools and dreamers do.
They get thier news first hand from Peter Pan.:D

Ljb, you really don't believe that do you? I gave you more credit than that.

linrom1
03-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Come on, no one can be this naive! Where do you guys think your Social Security Trust fund went. :lol:

linrom1
03-12-2007, 07:50 AM
After 7 years of planning which included raiding of US Treasury and invasion of Iraq, HAL chief decision makers in the White House, decide to relocate HAL to Dubai. This is just another example how GW Bush and his cronies used the power of the Presidency to advocate policies that are contrary to American peoples interest. Dubai is now the new fashionable playground of the super rich.

Note how the NYT article understates how much taxpayer money HAL received during GW and Cheneys regime. The true figure is probably a factor of the $6 Billion. What is not included in that figure are all the emergency fundings in addiction to the billions spent in unreported funding by the CIA, and NSA.

The truth about Iraq finally comes out: it was designed to drive up the oil prices, loot the US Treasury and make the Middle East safer for US energy companies to relocate to.

NYT (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/12/business/12haliburton.html?hp)

Tom
03-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Wow.
What a leap of faiht you have there.
Do you hop off the tops of tall buildings as well? :D

Perhaps your statements would be better presenterd with some , uh, *f*a*c*t*s* to back them up?:confused:

Racer98
03-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Just got word that they're moving their HQ to Dubai. :mad:

Tom
03-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Why shouldn't the move?
Half the people here hate them, so they say screw it and leave.
Now you get to hate them without the tax income.
Nice going, libs! :lol:

Man, I hope they increase our "neo-shares" to make up the diff! :lol:

Racer98
03-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Who said they wanted them to stay?

It's just the preaching about keeping jobs in this country... and then moving some to Dubai, a rich oil city in UAE...

46zilzal
03-12-2007, 06:21 PM
Who said they wanted them to stay?

It's just the preaching about keeping jobs in this country... and then moving some to Dubai, a rich oil city in UAE...

getting out from the scrutiny before it :"hits the fan."

linrom1
03-12-2007, 07:52 PM

HAL is on the lam. Dick Cheney will soon follow.

Racer98
03-12-2007, 07:53 PM
[applause]

JustRalph
03-12-2007, 09:44 PM
they are a global company. they will be closer to most of their work, so moving to Dubai is a good move. not to mention Dubai is growing by leaps and bounds and they are doing much of the work

Tom
03-12-2007, 10:39 PM

No, they are still a US registered Corporation (Deleware) and the CEO is a citiszen. They also should not get tax breaks from this move, and remain, most likely, under US jurisdiction,

Racer98
03-13-2007, 03:08 PM
UAE has built up around the oil market.

So economically not a bad move for them.

However, some jobs will leave this country and go to sunny Dubai...

Secretariat
03-13-2007, 08:36 PM
This thread is really amusing. What began as an attack on Geoge Soros for investing in Halliburton morphs into congratulating Haliburton for avoiding paying US taxes by locating to Dubai which is declared a good thing...

So one of the biggest beneficiaries of no bid Defense contracts is too cheap to pay taxes to the same government that gave them carte blanche... Unbeleivable.

And wasn't GW the guy who wanted to pass our port security over to Dubai?Looks liek Halliburton is prepping to position themselves for that and get it tax free with a no bid us government contract. Hysterical.

At least Soros can make a killing from them and still attend their shareholder meetings.

This company spits in America's face, takes advantage of a misguided war, and Repubs here congratulatee the company on avoiding paying taxes which are necesary to support the very war Halliburton profits from. Whew... :bang:

lsbets
03-13-2007, 09:24 PM
This thread is really amusing.

That part of your statement is true, the rest appears to be nothing but speculation and grandtsanding on your part, based not on reality, but on the far left fantasy world of Secland. While I will readily admit that I know little about the move (and don't care really), from what I recall reading in the NYTs (print version), HAL will remain a US corporation, be subject to US laws, and pay US taxes. Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

Tom
03-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Sec must have missed several post in this thread. Again.
First off, my first post was an attack? Rejoice! he who fires the first shot TENDS to lose! At least lately. Since 1776 anyways. :lol:

And he obvious skipped my post about them NOT getting tax breaks, by thier own statement.

Secretariat
03-14-2007, 12:15 AM
That part of your statement is true, the rest appears to be nothing but speculation and grandtsanding on your part, based not on reality, but on the far left fantasy world of Secland. While I will readily admit that I know little about the move (and don't care really), from what I recall reading in the NYTs (print version), HAL will remain a US corporation, be subject to US laws, and pay US taxes. Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/12/AR2007031201299.html

"The bottom line seems to be that the only change in status is in respect to tax consequences," said Gregory Craig, a partner at the firm of Williams and Connolly. Income earned abroad and paid to a company based abroad would not be subject to U.S. taxes, Craig said.

"It's an example of corporate greed at its worst," said Sen. Patrick J. Leahy (D-Vt.). "This is an insult to the U.S. soldiers and taxpayers who paid the tab for their no-bid contracts and endured their overcharges for all these years. At the same time they'll be avoiding U.S. taxes, I'm sure they won't stop insisting on taking their profits in cold, hard U.S. cash."

What Halliburton says means nothing to me. They've proven to be nothing but dishonest.

http://www.halliburtonwatch.org/about_hal/taxhaven.html

To be one of the greatest beneficiaries of American taxpayer money for this war, and then skimp out on paying taxes as illustrated in the above article is offensive.

Yes, I find the thread very amusing.

Tom
03-14-2007, 07:46 AM
Care to eleaborate what laws were broken?
Dems are supposedly in charge - why don't they do something about it? Perhpas their time could be spent on important issues, like this one, instead of the Upchuck Schumer stand up routine about firing federal procesutors - which is 100% legal, for whatever reason the President choses, including Rove told to do it! And btw, Clinton fired all but one of them during his reigne of terror - including one who was less than 30 days away from making a major decision about the Rostenkosky case. Fluff over stuff - the hallmark of democrats. Clarly, they are hee bent on getting another crack at Rove. they would rather extract vengence than govern. Pathetic losers.

And btw, Patrick Leahy is an insult to Americans.:D

lsbets
03-14-2007, 07:47 AM
According to the Financial Times and MSNBC, the corporate headquarters remains in Houston and there is zero impact on taxes paid. The CEO is moving his office to Dubai. The rest of the executives are remaining in Houston, including the CFO. Money earned abroad and paid abroad? I'm sure whatever monies fall into that category are already being handled that way.

BTW - KBR, the division that has received the most contracts from the military, is being spun off and will be a seperate company.

chickenhead
03-14-2007, 10:26 AM
it probably will become a tax thing at some point. For a company that does ~40% of its business outside the US, not paying taxes on that money is a big deal. They would of course still be paying US taxes on the 60% of their business generated in the US.

Very simple for the US government to favor US based companies in their grants. Funny to hear them whine, while they write the checks. They dictate the terms, not the other way around.

JustRalph
03-14-2007, 11:23 AM
I congratulate anybody who avoids taxes.........from the local household to the giant corp............ we are being taxed to death and everybody just wants to lay down and take it.

Tom
03-14-2007, 11:31 AM
Chickenhead - the dems seem too eager to continue whinning instead of taking action. They are finding out is it not so easy to be in charge. You have to actually DO things, not just talk about things.:D:D

46zilzal
03-14-2007, 11:38 AM
I congratulate anybody who avoids taxes.........from the local household to the giant corp............ we are being taxed to death and everybody just wants to lay down and take it.
wonder why they need all your YOUR money??

Monday will mark the fourth anniversary of the start of the war. It comes as Congress is debating a White House request for $93.4 billion to fund operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. hell of a lot of this is going into the pockets of his BUDDIES

Secretariat
03-14-2007, 04:57 PM
According to the Financial Times and MSNBC, the corporate headquarters remains in Houston and there is zero impact on taxes paid.

That is not accurate. I'll post again.

http://www.halliburtonwatch.org/about_hal/taxhaven.html

As to JR saying he applauds anyone getting out of paying taxes. How do you pay for the war in Iraq and for national security or the immigration reform you desire or the wall you want built? It is amazing to me you applaud companies getting as much out of government as possible, and at the same time avoiding paying them a nickle back. Its one reason why we have massive debt, and stuff like this:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070314/ap_on_bi_go_ec_fi/economy

Trade deficit hits record for 5th year
By MARTIN CRUTSINGER, AP Economics Writer

WASHINGTON - The deficit in the broadest measure of trade hit an all-time high in 2006 and for the first time the United States even ran a deficit on investment income.

The Commerce Department reported that the imbalance in the current account jumped by 8.2 percent to $856.7 billion, representing a record 6.5 percent of the total economy. It marked the fifth straight year the current account deficit set a record.

Investment flows turned negative by $7.3 billion from a surplus of $11.3 billion in 2005. It was the first time investment income has been negative on records going back to 1929. That means foreigners earned more on their U.S. holdings than Americans earned on their overseas investments.

Tom
03-14-2007, 05:44 PM
Why would Haliburton, an oil-based company, stay here?
The tree hugging Gore lovers wojn;t let them drill anywhere, build refineries, and great minds like Hilary have publically said they want ot come after thier profits.

Thank you DEMS for driving business ouf the country.

Sec, do the Congressional dems all show up to work in the same little car?:lol:

Racer98
03-14-2007, 07:23 PM
What about all of those contracts? Non-oil related contracts?

The Abrams Tank is not made of oil.

And we're just making jobs for the mexicans anyway. No high-profile jobs are here. The low paying jobs no one wants to do. Welcome to Detroit. Once a huge metropolis, it's virtually empty now.

Jobs have left. They will come back. Like previous posters have stated, that will be when the roles of the US and China reverse themselves. In 100 years or so.

PaceAdvantage
03-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Monday will mark the fourth anniversary of the start of the war. It comes as Congress is debating a White House request for $93.4 billion to fund operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. hell of a lot of this is going into the pockets of his BUDDIES

Hey, I thought the Democrats control Congress. What is there to debate? If they had any balls, there would be no debate.

All talky, no ballsy....

Suff
03-14-2007, 08:02 PM
The move allows them to circumvent US anti-terrorism laws. They are now free to do business with Nations on our list of Sponsoring terror. Mainly Iran and Syria.

They just took 25 Billion from the USA in its War on Terror. Now they'll move to the next ka-ching. Namely Iran. Who will announce a large Award to ( KALA) Britians arm of the Iranian National Oil Company. Who will annnounce a split with Halliburton.

http://www.kalaltd.com/Html/links/f_set.htm

Its a big round planet....., and everyone can stand where they want.

Halliburton.......:lol: If You stood with them ,....You get clown status.

Tom
03-14-2007, 08:22 PM
They remain a US chartered corpoartion, subject to US laws. They are incorporated through Deleware. And the dems big thing is to negotiate with Iran and Syrai over peace in iraq. So what's the problem with Haliburton doing business with them>

chickenhead
03-14-2007, 10:02 PM
What about all of those contracts? Non-oil related contracts?

Those are for KBR, a separate company. Halliburton owned 80% of them, but are divesting those shares.

JustRalph
03-14-2007, 10:11 PM
Welcome back..........

The move allows them to circumvent US anti-terrorism laws. They are now free to do business with Nations on our list of Sponsoring terror. Mainly Iran and Syria.

They just took 25 Billion from the USA in its War on Terror. Now they'll move to the next ka-ching. Namely Iran. Who will announce a large Award to ( KALA) Britians arm of the Iranian National Oil Company. Who will annnounce a split with Halliburton.

http://www.kalaltd.com/Html/links/f_set.htm

Its a big round planet....., and everyone can stand where they want.

Halliburton.......:lol: If You stood with them ,....You get clown status.

skate
03-16-2007, 03:50 PM
ya gotta look at the field.

if we went and put Our Social Sec money into Hal., when uncle george suggested, we'd have been up about three times, lately.

but, its never too late to listen to Uncle george, it just takes a little longer for some, tic tic, the mice are running all over the place and some of you girls are looking for 'thecheese'.