PDA

View Full Version : My god, it's MARCH - BBall Data Files

kid4rilla
03-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Every year, it jumps on me without warning. I've just been working and watching my beloved Wildcats once or twice a week and bam....The madness is upon us.

Everyday, for years i've been parsing BRIS files and crunching numbers for racing spot plays. Why is it just now hitting me that I would love to have the same kind of data export for College Basketball?

Does anyone know where I could find such data exports? The more data, the better.

rrbauer
03-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Every year, it jumps on me without warning. I've just been working and watching my beloved Wildcats once or twice a week and bam....The madness is upon us.

Everyday, for years i've been parsing BRIS files and crunching numbers for racing spot plays. Why is it just now hitting me that I would love to have the same kind of data export for College Basketball?

Does anyone know where I could find such data exports? The more data, the better.

http://www.pdssports.com/software/data.htm

http://www.tucows.com/preview/502108

Hosshead
03-03-2007, 05:40 AM
.. I've just been working and watching my beloved Wildcats once or twice a week and bam....The madness is upon us.

Me too.
There not as good a team as previous years, but Lute Olson is a great coach, and many of his former players are in the NBA. ;)

rrbauer
03-03-2007, 10:08 AM
Which Wildcats we talking about? So far it looks like KY and AZ. Still to come Villanova, Northwestern, Kansas State...probably more but I've shot my wad...

kid4rilla
03-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Sorry, I'm from Kentucky so there is really only one to me.

If I would have said the most excruciating Wildcats to watch for 40 minutes that probably would have been specific enough.

Miles Simon should have never gotten to the line so much in '97. Cheaters.

rrbauer
03-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Reducing this to the absurd thanks to wikipedia

Colleges and universities whose sports teams and mascots are named "Wildcats":

Central Washington University
Davidson College
Kansas State University
Northwestern University
University of Arizona
University of Kentucky
University of New Hampshire
Villanova University
Weber State University
Westminster Choir College of Rider University
Wheelock College

kid4rilla
03-03-2007, 12:10 PM
I believe Randolph Morris was wooed strongly by Westminster Choir College of Rider University, but dropped out when they realized his delusions of grandeur regarding his pro prospects.