PDA

View Full Version : Woodside Associates Race Of The Week

john del riccio
03-02-2007, 04:41 AM
I would like to again invite the racing fans here at PACE ADVANTAGE to take a look at our Race Of The Week analysis. It is FREE. The Henry Kuck Ratings are included in our analysis in an effort to educate players on both the accuracy of the ratings and their application as it pertains to handicapping top quality races. Different types of races require a different handicapping approach and since the ROTW is always a stake race, a consistent means to handicapping these races will be shown. Good Luck, ask questions, and with a little luck, cash some tickets. The ROTW is the John Bataglia from TP.

Click on the link below and then click on the ROTW banner where you will be prompted to an email window where you will subsequently be emailed
the link to the ROTW in a pdf file. GOOD LUCK !

John Del Riccio
www.woodsideassociates.com (http://www.woodsideassociates.com/)

cj
03-02-2007, 07:38 AM
There are a lot of great races this week. What made you decide on this one, if I may ask?

john del riccio
03-02-2007, 10:46 AM
There are a lot of great races this week. What made you decide on this one, if I may ask?

CJ,

I want to try and concentrate on the 3yo Derby preps. Choosing between the FOY, the BL, and this one were my options and this one had alot of great handicapping tidbits that I tried to make light of. There were alot of horses on the improve and some had other positive factors while others had negative ones and it made for a very interesting race to write about. If anything, its an interesting read (I think), and as always, it'll be interesting to see how the public reacts to it at the windows. I think JOE GOT EVEN is a very solid
runner and may be much closer to the pace than usual which could spell trouble for the rest of these horses.

I thought this race was pretty paceless for a 100k stake.

John

Robert Fischer
03-02-2007, 01:13 PM
John

sent you an email request for the ROW

Just going by what you have said in this thread , I will have to take a second look at Joe Got Even. I think the winner will be at or near the pace here, and speed has done pretty well at TP lately.

john del riccio
03-02-2007, 01:37 PM
John

sent you an email request for the ROW

Just going by what you have said in this thread , I will have to take a second look at Joe Got Even. I think the winner will be at or near the pace here, and speed has done pretty well at TP lately.

Robert,

Joe actually ran much better at 7f than at 6f as a 2yo which is a great indication that he would likely be able to run well around two turns and
ultimately did run credibly in his 1st two turn effort at CD. When they
stretched him out again at TP he ran a very nice race and he
also comes from good connections. I see no reason that he won't move forward tomorrow. This race is relatively paceless for a stake and with his inside draw he may find himself closer to the pace than he has previously without much effort. I have to beleive he will get a great trip and I will be very happy to accept 5-2.

John

Robert Fischer
03-03-2007, 08:15 AM
well done on the ROTW

This is a tough race for me. Joe Got Even looks very strong.

john del riccio
03-03-2007, 08:37 AM
well done on the ROTW

This is a tough race for me. Joe Got Even looks very strong.

Casse's horse is puzzling, more evely spaced works, a decent post, and husbands making the trip would have made me warmer on him. casse brought seaside retreat here last year and i thought he had a great shot. he ran 2nd at a unbeleivable price (double digits i beleive).

good luck.

john

Robert Fischer
03-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Approval Rating is interesting. Will need to be a little stronger as a 3yo which wouldn't be out of the question.

Legacy Reserve is tempting at a price, more so with the blinkers-on move. Rutledge Cat looks tough over turf or poly.

Robert Fischer
03-03-2007, 09:04 PM
You know I saw talent in Catman Running's past performances, but I discounted him because of the inexperience.
Joe Got Even ran a good race.

john del riccio
03-04-2007, 07:19 AM
You know I saw talent in Catman Running's past performances, but I discounted him because of the inexperience.
Joe Got Even ran a good race.

Robert,

The pace was non existent and I still beleive it may have been better to send JOE into the race earlier. He opened up at 8-5 and then got as high as 2-1 before getting hammered in the last 2 minutes to 6-5 so I backed off thankfully. WRT the winner, he ran an improved race and the jock rode a smart race despite a less than optimal break.

JOhn