PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Harness

Tom
11-07-2002, 07:33 PM
Just got Pandy's Diamond for Harness in the mail. I oaded it up, got Saratogo for last night and ran it through the program.
Used automatic paceline selection and here is what I got
11 races
5 winners
2 places
2 shows
Exacta boxes in top 3 -5
Of the winners, one paid 13-1, the rest were favorites, but one top horse ran second at 9-1.
Overall, the program is rought - not a lot of bells or wistles.
But if this performance hold up, it is a very good program.
Easy to read output, prints out on three pages, and the horse are rated on Pace, Speed, Final, then and adjusted final and list of ML.
There is a pick-your-own paceline mode, but I think there might be a bug-only see one line at a time, but I haven't even opened the manual yet (not until my win rate dips below 40% <G>).
Also bought the Diamond for T-Breds...will play with that later. Right now, I am downloading some harness for tonight....

trying2win
11-08-2002, 12:22 AM
Tom:

Hope you make lots of profits with the Diamond System software for harness racing.

It's nice to see some handicappers who like to play both thoroughbred and harness races. I'm also in that group. We may also get some other thoroughbred players in this forum who will confess to playing the harness races as well.

Bob Pandalfo, I've found from experience, is pretty good for answering e-mails. So if you have some e-mail questions for him, I'm sure he'll respond and help you out.

Haven't tried the Diamond System software for harness racing yet, just the one called SELECTWIN by Bud Smith. Have been doing fairly well with it at Windsor Raceway and the Northlands Park/Stampede Park circuit, on win and exactor bets. It didn't work so well on the Woodbine/Mohawk harness races in my initial tests there, so I quit betting there. Win prices at half-mile harness tracks are too chalky most of the time for me, so I won't be using SELECTWIN with them. Will have to test out some other 5/8 and one mile harness tracks later.

Bud Smith gives you some guidelines on eliminations and how to bet. I tested out some of his guidelines, but revised some of them and I'm using my own criteria in these two areas.

I'm guessing that after you read the Diamond System harness manual and after you do some of your own testing, that you'll find that Diamond System for harness will work just fine at some tracks and not so good at others. Pandy's advice on betting may differ from what you like to do. As handicappers, we have to tailor it to our style and do what works for us, right?

The nice thing about SELECTWIN, is that since I have an unlimited download account with TRACKMASTER, I can download harness past performances and data files needed for SELECTWIN (with no extra charge on the data files) all on the same account. I see Diamond System for harness also uses TRACKMASTER files....very interesting...hmmm.

I wonder if a Pace Advantage monitor is going to read this post and say "Tsk! Tsk!" and move it to the OFF TOPIC section. I wouldn't be surprised.

melman
11-08-2002, 05:44 AM
Not to worry trying2win, I know Mr PA and he does not mind Harness talk at all. The War Room is full of Harness talk right now since Mr PA hardly ever shows up!!!! hehehehe Anyway PA is nice enough to have "extra rooms" in case in gets crowded. Which is not likely to happen. Tom keep us informed about your "new toy". Pandy does have a good rep and has been in business for a LONG time. I know the 1st at Balmoral was a stone cold lock exacta at $16.80. How was the rest of the card for you as many nice prices filled the night. BTW I had a few of them. hehehehehehe

trying2win
11-08-2002, 03:01 PM
Melman:

Thanks for the tip about the harness talk in the WAR ROOM. I'll check it out.

sq764
11-09-2002, 07:44 PM
I like to see harness talk here too!! I would mention our website where we cover Balmoral, Northfield, Dover, Freehold, and Yonkers, but I know the policies here and will respect them..

melman
11-13-2002, 03:36 PM
Scott, I am positive that PA would not mind you posting a few of your site's picks for Harness under the "Selections" section. Have been having a great time with the big tracks in Harness. Your site is very nice and looks well run. Harness or T-Bred players will like it I am sure. Drop in the War Room if you get a chance.

sq764
11-14-2002, 07:30 PM
I will make sure to post some of our harness, as well as t-bred picks. Thanks for the nice comments on our site..

I have dropped in the war room several times, but maybe I get there at a quiet time..

andicap
11-15-2002, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Tom
Just got Pandy's Diamond for Harness in the mail. I oaded it up, got Saratogo for last night and ran it through the program.
Used automatic paceline selection and here is what I got
11 races
5 winners
2 places
2 shows
Exacta boxes in top 3 -5
Of the winners, one paid 13-1, the rest were favorites, but one top horse ran second at 9-1.
Overall, the program is rought - not a lot of bells or wistles.
But if this performance hold up, it is a very good program.

Any update in the past week on how it does??

John
11-17-2002, 04:56 PM
www.equineinvestor.com.. is a nice place to get plenty of action.

Harness , Thoroughbreds all free.....my buddy Ray Wallin and the rest off the guys do a pretty job with thier free selections when you realize that they all have daily jobs.

Tom
11-17-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by andicap
Any update in the past week on how it does??

Mixed feelings so far. A few god prices, but a lot of races where none of its picks hit the board. I haven't really been too serious in tracking the three rankings and factoring in odds yet, but I'll give it a better look this week - real busy at work last two weeks and have been tending to conk out right after diner.
I like the number of big payoffs so far, but the inconsistency is a concern. It is an easy program to use, though.
BTW - several new Harness books in the latest RPM catalog - two Medowlands specific, one by Ron Roblin, who wrote a book years ago that is still working at Batavia-geared to half miler tracks.
Med harness coming up soon - can't wait for that one - Pandy's line is very good and it's free!

Tom
11-29-2002, 06:42 PM
After a few weeks of playing with this program, I have decided the best use of is as a coaster for dinrks!
the program is the worst I have ever used, including the old DOS programs 20 years ago. It is extremely poorly written and not user friendly at all. You have to handicap every race if you want ot use the manual paceline option. No just doing the races you want. The printing is equally poor - all or nothing. Every time you want to do something you have to re-enter the race card id and date. Very short-term memory program<G>. It would be a great annoyance if the program was good at selecting horses - it is not. It is very inconsistant and the best I can say about it is random.
My first night was a fluke-nothing like it ever occurred again. I admit it does hit some longshots to win or place, but normally it's top rated horse are never in contention. There is no consistancy.
I could not recommend this to anyone- it is vastly over-priced and worth about $10 as a toy. I can not believe this came from Pandy, who I have repsected for years. He is by far a better handicapper than he is programer.
Unfortuneatley, I also bought the Dianomd software for thorobreds at the same time. It is nowhere as good as the harness program <G>

norm f
12-11-2002, 08:50 PM
I also have gotte the diamond harness system recently
From 7 different programs at 3 different tracks ive played so far,7 profitable nights,including 4 payoffs over $20,as well as a $56 and a $61 payoff and a couple smaller prices! I use the automatic pace selecter myself and obviously have no complaints.I recommend anyone to try this!

norm f
01-03-2003, 04:28 PM
Well its been over 6 weeks since i started using the diamond harness system and ive found it to be very remarkable
During that span its had 2 losing nights on flat win betting,but has selected many winners well over $20...It Does only pick 2 or 3 winners per night on a consistent basis and yes there are many that appear to be left in the barn,BUT! Im more interested in profits than i am winners and most definatley ,i can pick more winners than the diamond system can...Just not in the odds range that i can

Tom
01-04-2003, 09:57 AM
Are you playing MED with the program?
If so, how is it doing?

norm f
01-04-2003, 03:41 PM
Meadowlands fri and sat nights since early dec
woodbine and mohawk since mid nov fri and sat
as well as flamboro,northfield and windsor
It crashed and burned at wsr and just broke even the other couple times so i wont give it any marks there

andicap
01-04-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by norm f
Meadowlands fri and sat nights since early dec
woodbine and mohawk since mid nov fri and sat
as well as flamboro,northfield and windsor
It crashed and burned at wsr and just broke even the other couple times so i wont give it any marks there

Hmm, I would have definitely expected it to crash and burn at Flamboro.

sq764
01-06-2003, 12:41 PM
Actually I would think software is much better utilized on half mile tracks, simply because it can give a speed number, which is integral in half mile harness racing..

andicap
01-06-2003, 01:05 PM
(sigh)
No one appreciates good humor anymore.

:p

sq764
01-06-2003, 05:06 PM
Crap, I totally missed that one, my fault...

Man, my wife is right, everything I think or say IS horseracing related. I cannot even notice a joke anymore..