PDA

View Full Version : Super Stupor...my bad!

Shacopate
03-01-2007, 10:56 PM
Years from now, I think I will look back on this day...and consider it to one the greatest days of my life.

In the film BROADCAST NEWS, the character played by William Hurt asked Albert Brooks, "What do you do...when your life exceeds your dreams?"

The Brooks character responded: "Keep it to yourself."

Not trying to brag or anything, but I can't tell my friends the good news because most of them work for the same company that I am currently employed with and I haven't signed anything yet.

But I had to tell SOMEBODY. It's human nature...right?

I landed my dream job today as Director of Marketing with a major corporation. The offer was for more that what I had hoped for.

I'm a film geek at heart, so here's a rant...KC from BD style.

* I believe when you work hard, you reserve the right to play hard.

* I believe in second chances, making apologies and learning from mistakes.

* I believe in positive thinking, good karma and letting the chips fall.

Okay, enough already. This probably sounds like a bad SEINFELD episode...much ado about nothing.

PA,

Feel free to delete this post because it's not relative to anything important.

And I probably won't even remember posting it when tomorrow comes.

46zilzal
03-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Years from now, I think I will look back on this day...and consider it to one the greatest days of my life.

Having worked for years with geriatrics, we all need days like this years from now.

Tom
03-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Great news, Shac....happy for you. I'm sure you worked hard for it.
Now, go enjoy your dream!:ThmbUp:

Steve 'StatMan'
03-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Congratulations on your really great news! Glad you've had something big that has you so very happy, and that you felt comfortable sharing that with the gang at P.A.

Best of Luck and success in your suddenly even brighter future!

Steve

DanG
03-02-2007, 12:09 AM
Shacopate,

Good things happen to good people.

This goes well beyond the bond we made when discussing music. It’s obvious you are a quality person and this is well deserved.

Salute my friend. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Shacopate
03-02-2007, 02:06 AM
Thanks guys...this will be my last post on this board.

Best of luck to all...and thanks PA for affording us all the opportunity to express ourselves.

OUT!!!

JustRalph
03-02-2007, 02:15 AM
Congrats! But why your last post? Wow.......interesting......

PaceAdvantage
03-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Thanks guys...this will be my last post on this board.

Best of luck to all...and thanks PA for affording us all the opportunity to express ourselves.

OUT!!!

Congrats! But yeah, why the last post on the board? Odd...

Steve 'StatMan'
03-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Congrats! But yeah, why the last post on the board? Odd...

I thought so too. But, he did say he's landed his dream job as Director of Marketing for a major corporation. Something tells me he's going to be VERY busy and focused on things other than racing, and posting in forums, for a while.

Visit when you can! <sniff!> Dern son got hisself a big job and dun run off the big city. <sniff!> But there's still a few of us left here left on the farm, Ole Paint. ;)

Shacopate
03-02-2007, 11:45 PM
Anyone have an aspirin?

Yeah, the "last post" comment was odd. And looking back, I should have just said "I need a break right now". And I plead quilty to the charge of PWI.

But here was my thinking at the time:

1. I want to limit my horseplaying to two seasons. April - Derby and October - Breeders Cup. I love prep races.

1A. I am very dissapointed with the fact that TVG will not be carrying the spring meet at CD.

The fans will be the real losers of this pissing contest.

"Ladies and gentlemen...your favorite Derby Week program...The Works...has been scratched." I am not gonna tune into TVG and listen to Matt Carouthers talk about today's great card at Beulah. And put the twins on dammit.

2. I didn't post a P4 or Derby Contest pick last weekend. I was expecting a nastygram from Bub's...but there wasn't even a race. So my interest in handicapping contests is fading.

3. Most of my posts recently have been in the Off Topic forums. And I felt like I was turning into "The Obama Guy". Not exactly why I joined a horseracing forum.

Don't get me wrong, I think this a great board and an excellent resource for handicappers.

DanG
03-02-2007, 11:57 PM
Get away and recharge your batteries my friend.

It’s good to see the way the rest of the world lives at times. Racing and this forum will be alive and well when you get back.

All the best! :ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Shacopate
03-03-2007, 02:19 AM
Steve,

If I had seen your post beforehand, I wouldn't have posted that long shit.

You are exactly right...it's just a timing thing. But after last night, I was trying hard not to say the wrong thing.

Dan,

You are world class and one of the premier posters on this board in my opinion.

Okay, my break starts now. I'll drop back in around Derby week.

BIG RED
03-03-2007, 07:08 AM
Good for you shoc, relax for a bit. It was nice to see something very cheerful posted on the off topic, glad for you.

Best to come,
Tom

Shacopate
03-03-2007, 11:21 PM
This is going to be harder than I thought.

A good friend turned me onto this short film series today and it is absolutely hilarious. It's about Chad Vador; Darth Vadors cousin..who manages a grocery store.

My first thought was "I've got to share this with the PA guys."

There are 6 episodes...this one made me laugh the hardest. I told ya I was a film geek at heart. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP6hHs8Lt38&mode=related&search=

DanG
03-04-2007, 12:25 AM
This is going to be harder than I thought.
My first thought was "I've got to share this with the PA guys."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP6hHs8Lt38&mode=related&search=
LOL Shac…(Neat film!)

You reminded me of Al Pacino in GF III…“Just when I thought I was out…they pull me back in” :)

Thanks for the kind words…be good to yourself. :ThmbUp: