PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream Saturday Card

point given
03-01-2007, 09:59 PM
It looks like a tremendous day of racing at Gulfstream on Saturday. Chock full of stakes races and big fields. The only question I have with the card is why they stuck a 5F turf race in between the stakes races. I personally dislike turf sprint races and it really messes up a nice sequence of races for P3 and P4 bets. Here's the card.

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/instant.cgi?type=int&country=USA&track=GP&date=2007-03-03

JustRalph
03-02-2007, 02:17 AM
5F turfers can be very lucrative though...........

Perlnalysis
03-02-2007, 10:36 AM
I was wondering the same thing. I think it is their effort to make those late multi-race wagers a bit more puzzling. That turf sprint is absolutely brutal from a handicapping perspective. I suspect most players will be looking to go very deep in order to survive and move on. I like the #8 horse a little bit, based on the bullet workout, and form pattern. But it's a tough one to figure out. Expect a clump of horses to hit the wire together.

Stevie Belmont
03-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Love those races.....

5F turfers can be very lucrative though...........

point given
03-03-2007, 01:01 AM
I was wondering the same thing. I think it is their effort to make those late multi-race wagers a bit more puzzling. That turf sprint is absolutely brutal from a handicapping perspective. I suspect most players will be looking to go very deep in order to survive and move on. I like the #8 horse a little bit, based on the bullet workout, and form pattern. But it's a tough one to figure out. Expect a clump of horses to hit the wire together.

I agree, after going over the card, i narrowed it to 5 hosses, Gulfstream is starting to mess around like the racing secretaries at the socal tracks. I stopped playing any p6 out there and tread lite on p4. and fuggedabout the M5. They make it like an obstacle course for the churn of course. It's having the opposite effect on me though. :ThmbDown:

JustRalph
03-03-2007, 04:39 AM
Let's address the 5F on the Turf..........

6-8-10-9

CyberBet
03-03-2007, 10:24 AM
They should have made the 8th the 6th and just run the stakes straight through, IMO.
Reasons not to could be many however. From staying out of the way of another stakes race going off elsewhere to setting up the afternoon's Magna 5 races. It could be for TV purposes, they like to start coverage with a race and then talk until the bigger race. Which could be the 9th 10th combo. Definitely strange.

JimG
03-03-2007, 11:22 AM
If it seems difficult to handicap, that is right up my alley. I agree that GP is a good card. SA should be good too.

Jim

JimG
03-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Let's address the 5F on the Turf..........

6-8-10-9

Nice turf picks Ralph! I would throw the 4 horse in the exotics as well.

Jim

JustRalph
03-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Well, it was lucrative.................for anybody who had the 2

cj
03-03-2007, 06:09 PM
It was the Pletcher show.

point given
03-03-2007, 11:27 PM
Well, it was lucrative.................for anybody who had the 2

You could hear a pin drop on track after this race. To say it put a damper on a nice buzz , is to put it mildly. I think I heard one hand clapping!

The other strange thing is them playing the other races on the large screen for the M5. No one on track , except maybe in the simo room, is at all interested inthese races, and it made it impossible to get DD and P3 will pays. FYI, the seats cost $30. today and there were 2 sections of seats that were empty out of 900 total seats. I found this pathetic. And moving around to get bets in was troublesome as well. The place just is not designed for racetrack customers, it is uncomfortable. This even after I made a few bucks.

NY BRED
03-04-2007, 06:57 AM
5fg turfs are good for the seniors who box 1-2-3 in exactas:bang:

Perlnalysis
03-04-2007, 08:09 AM
The 5f turf race wasn't the problem. I used the all button in that leg. Pletcher is winning every single stakes race there is to win. It's gotten to the point where you have to include his horses on your tickets almost all the time unless you want to lose. :mad:

point given
03-04-2007, 12:54 PM
The 5f turf race wasn't the problem. I used the all button in that leg. Pletcher is winning every single stakes race there is to win. It's gotten to the point where you have to include his horses on your tickets almost all the time unless you want to lose. :mad:

Yesiree, I heard Pletcher is going to franchise, just like Starbucks, you can have a Pletcher at your local track too. A Pletcher on every corner. Then if you get sick of that , you can bet at Youbet which has signed up Pletcher for their website as well. NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.........................:ju mp: