PDA

View Full Version : New-Formulator 3.1 with Form Notes

cj
11-07-2002, 10:39 AM
Very nice feature I think was discussed on this board recently.

http://www.drf2000.com/formulator/formulator_ad.html

CJ

Marc At DRF
11-07-2002, 11:17 AM
Given the sophistication of those who read this board, I'm sure some of you are have already built features like this into your own databases.

But for the rest, it should be nice.

The 3.1 upgrade is called FormNotes, and it allows the user to easily integrate into the PPs his or her own notes on a horse, his trip, or a card (track bias) in general.

In other words, after the races are run, you go back into Formulator, pop in your own notes (via a simple drop-down menu), and the next time any horse runs back from that day, your notes show up in the PPs. This is a permanent addition to your PPs.

I should add that I expect a Formulator 3.2, hopefully by Spring 2003. Mostly refinements of what we already offer, but hopefully a few new bells and whistles, too.

to download (PC-only):
http://www.drf2000.com/formulator/formulator_ad.html

cj
11-07-2002, 01:11 PM
Marc,

Can you only add notes for races that you have downloaded the PPs?

If so, kind of loses the excitement!

CJ

rrbauer
11-07-2002, 01:14 PM
Good point CJ and I'm wondering what form the notes take vis-a-vis the drf formulator file for the day that the notes apply to. Does that file have to be retained indefinitely; or, are the notes independent of the downloaded file.

Marc At DRF
11-07-2002, 01:30 PM
CJ/Richard:

Here's how it works.
1. You download DRF Online PPs (let's say for 11/3/02) via a Formulator file.
2. You bet/watch/go to the races, and you notice things (trips, bias, etc) that you'd like to make note of for future use, the next time a horse runs back from that day.
3. You return to the Formulator file for the 11/3/02 card, and the dropdown menu offers a "notes" option. Without going into an even more overly words explanation, there are a few easy steps for entering your notes, which Formulator saves on your hard drive automatically.
4. Next time the horse who you've made notes on runs, or next time the card you've made notes on has any horse run back from it, the notes you've made are automatically inserted into the PP.
5. The format is either in addition to the trip notes to the PP line already there or at the bottom of the PP, depending on which notes function you use.

I could blab about this all day, but if you look at the link I sent, it shows an example...

I've played around with this function-- it couldn't be much more simple...

cj
11-07-2002, 01:52 PM
I understood how to do it the way you state.

My question was different. Example, I'm watching TVG Replay shows from Hollywood and notice several trips I feel are worth noting. I DID NOT have the downloaded PPs for the card. Is there any way I can enter these notes so if the horse runs back and I have downloaded the card, I will be able to see it.

I don't bet every day, but I do follow the replays. I can't (or won't) pay for PPs for every day that I won't use.

Thanks in advance,
CJ

Marc At DRF
11-07-2002, 01:57 PM
CJ--

that'll have to wait for Formulator 3.2.

For now, it's for usage on the files you've downloaded.

cj
11-07-2002, 02:01 PM
Thanks Marc. I can probably figure out a way to access the file and add to it, if that's allowed, until 3.2.

Don't take my ?s the wrong way, it is really a great feature!

CJ

Mike P
11-08-2002, 02:06 PM
Marc,

What if I have trip notes on a horses last four races. Can I go in and post trip notes for all four races or just the race from the day I purchased the DRF?

Thanks,

Mike

Marc At DRF
11-08-2002, 02:20 PM
Mike--

For now, it's driven by the Formulator cards you have. For example, I went back into the Oct 5 Belmont Formulator card I have on file, and added some notes. I have a boatload of BEL cards on file, so in theory I could go back and add notes for any of those days.

Once the notes have been added, you could delete the cards. But you need the cards to add the notes...

Hope that makes sense...