PDA

View Full Version : Discreet Cat Scratched?

Ron
03-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Was this planned? What's the word?

the Bid
03-01-2007, 11:05 AM
He spiked a fever.

Perlnalysis
03-01-2007, 11:08 AM
This is bad. I've had a funny feeling something would happen to ruin the dream matchup in the DWC and this could be the start of it. Before we know it, he'll be retired. This is already reminding me of that Arlington Million that was supposed to have Easy Goer, Sunday Silence and Criminal Type. Instead we got a race won by Beau Genius. You just can't ever get your hopes up in this game.

Stevie Belmont
03-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Tell me about it....Thats why I don't to excited about these match ups anymore. This was gonna be a real good one. Lets see, but I have many doubts.

But I don't believe everything they tell us....Like Invasors fever on the Jockey Gold Cup Day, I believe they said lets just wait for the big one. Samething could be in order here. Actually I hope i'm right..

This is bad. I've had a funny feeling something would happen to ruin the dream matchup in the DWC and this could be the start of it. Before we know it, he'll be retired. This is already reminding me of that Arlington Million that was supposed to have Easy Goer, Sunday Silence and Criminal Type. Instead we got a race won by Beau Genius. You just can't ever get your hopes up in this game.

samyn on the green
03-02-2007, 06:34 AM
I hope you are right too. Like many fans I was looking forward to enjoying this matchup between DC and Invasor. The hardest thing to do is win a dirt race going long off the layoff. It is hard to beleive that they are going to race DC in the Dubai cup off a long layoff. Perhaps they squeee in some great AM works/training races and the Dubai Cup goes to the post as anticipated with all horses 100% ready. Tell me about it....Thats why I don't to excited about these match ups anymore. This was gonna be a real good one. Lets see, but I have many doubts.

But I don't believe everything they tell us....Like Invasors fever on the Jockey Gold Cup Day, I believe they said lets just wait for the big one. Samething could be in order here. Actually I hope i'm right..

Perlnalysis
03-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Supposedly the Cat is feeling better but his trainer is reserving the right to not enter him in the DWC. That would be a major disappointment, but I'll forgive them if they send the horse to America instead...

OTM Al
03-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Not a good day for the big US names over there. Discreet Cat scratches out, Thor's Echo finishes 6th and Day Pass a disappointing 4th.

classhandicapper
03-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Not a good day for the big US names over there. Discreet Cat scratches out, Thor's Echo finishes 6th and Day Pass a disappointing 4th.

I actually think this is a good thing. If a lot of these US horses flop after big dollar purchases, fewer of them will be bought in the future. The Dubai connections tend to run their horses very lightly and retire them quickly. As a fan, who needs that?

Stevie Belmont
03-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Terrific Challenge was a winner. He raced at Monmouth Park last summer in grass sprints and was very impressive in those races. I was happy he won, although he is not in the same hands, like Echo...