PDA

View Full Version : Bris Variant

Secretariat
11-07-2002, 03:55 AM
Does anyone have an idea on how to extract the Bris variant from Bris's speed figures (and pace figures, if in fact they apply the variant to their pace figures).

It is a real pain when these services do not reveal the variant. I remember Ken Massa used to have some kind of adjustment in the old MPH programs, but he never revealed how he did it. On my own check of comparing Beyer versus Bris speed figures the figures appear all over the place averaging 16 points difference on the same horses and races but the standard deviation was not reliable.

Curious what others find.

ridersup
11-07-2002, 07:21 AM
At the top of this page there is a search function. Type in Beyer Variant and hit go. Numerous articles will appear. Try the one titled "How do you use simulcast weekly". There is a good discussion on how to extract the variant from the Beyer figure.

Tom
11-07-2002, 06:25 PM
Try this link to a chart by Jerry Stokes...it is the time chart for TSN, but I have used it on BRIS numbers just as well. The variants will be different, but the relationships ar ethe same, unless you try to mix TSN and BRIS PP's.

http://www.a1handicapping.com/tsn.html