PDA

View Full Version : Pizzola and Pie publishing

sligg
11-07-2002, 02:50 AM
What happened to all the interest in Michael Pizzola's seminar-there is not much comment anymore?

Pie Publishing-anyone know about their bulletin that sells for $77/month giving computerized rankings for five tracks. I subscribed for a month and I'm tracking (not betting) on an Excel spreadsheet. Will post the results after the month is up. Thus far results have been impressive for the first six days.

John
11-07-2002, 10:19 AM
Good luck Sal,

I want to know more about PIE Publishing too.

CapperLou
11-07-2002, 11:18 PM
Slig: Is there a website for pie publishing or how does one learn more about them? thx

sligg
11-07-2002, 11:57 PM
www.publishing.comhttp://www.piepublishing.com (http://)

sligg
11-08-2002, 12:01 AM
http://www.piepublishing.com

trying2win
11-08-2002, 12:57 AM
Just noticed that on the Pie Publishing website, that they also sell that old widely-hyped system CREAM OF THE CROP. At their site, Pie Publishing company says CREAM OF THE CROP got a 9 rating out of 10 for this system, by Phillips Racing Newsletter.

Don't know if I can believe that rating, or if CREAM OF THE CROP is any good, because I haven't seen any system tests done on it in any of my system and methods review books I have. I noticed though, that a test of CREAM OF THE CROP was done in the January 1997 issue of Meadow's Racing Monthly. Haven't read that particular issue, so I don't know how the ROI turned out.

John
11-08-2002, 08:18 AM
Cream of the crop, I have the paper and pencil version.If I remeember right Jim Bayle did a workout that was on the - .

I will check it out.

NormanTD
11-08-2002, 09:50 AM
I don't rememeber exactly what Jim's results were, but I'm pretty sure COC rated an "S" for "sucks".

PMANN1
11-08-2002, 12:13 PM
I actually bought Cream of the Crop. Save your money. Bayles stats came out very poorly and so did my tests. Used to have his book when he tested systems.

sligg
11-08-2002, 11:07 PM
After subscribing to Phillips Racing Newsletter for more than 15 years any system they rate is garbage. In fact the newsletter is written poorly as far as format. They still use that space filler saying they will go to the next page because they ran out of room on the bottom of the current page therefore eliminating maybe three lines of space. But more importantly, are their reviews to be trusted.

Why they are still in business is because of the gullibility of horse players. PRN can't name one system they ever reviewed that has stood the test of time. And a lot of their reviews are questionable. If it is a one man operation, where would they find the time to do all those supposed accurate tests.

Barry Meadow had a scathing report a few years back on the phoney PRN reviews.

And yet they are still publishing.

We horseplayers are a special breed-we are gluttons for punishment. The Breeders Cup scandal will prove nothing and even worse, solve nothing and we will as a group happily keep on betting because our egos have to be massaged.

Enigma
11-09-2002, 10:00 AM
Cream Of The Crop.
Sample size: 10,769 Races.
Based on last two finishes, current hot trainer & recency.
16.2% win - 33.0% place - 47.2% itm. R.O.I. - 0.20.
System Evaluation by Sport Stat.

John
11-09-2002, 10:16 AM
Enigma
thanks . I could not find my report[ sport stat ]