PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations!

so.cal.fan
11-06-2002, 11:35 AM
To all you Republicans on board!

hurrikane
11-06-2002, 12:20 PM
Yippee!!
maybe with Dashell out of control they will let loose of all the friggin money sitting in the 'homeland security' bank and we can get a crack at the bank.

Tom
11-06-2002, 07:15 PM
The White House, the House, the Senate.
Time to put up or shut up.
Before you get too excited, remember, gridlock was a god thing.
But now the the GOP is in the drivers seat, do we all have to get guns? <G>
I thought the Dems were going to "take care" of Jebb Bush and Kathrine -whatever for their part in the election of 2000?
Bottom line.....CUT TAXES AND GIVE US BACK OUR MONEY FIRST THING-then we'll talk.

Oh, one more thing, can't resist: to Dash-hole "Bye Bye. don't let the door hit you in your senate seat on your way out"

so.cal.fan
11-06-2002, 09:40 PM
Yeah, Tom:
Be careful what you wish for!
All those conservative people would never have been elected in my home state of California! LOL
We elect anything with a D beside it's name, even a snake!
Hey, Tom, you live in New York......why did Sen. Hillary Clinton vote for Bush's Iraq policy? Do you think she knows something?

Tom
11-07-2002, 06:37 PM
Hillary is no rube. She was the brains of the Clinton show.
She is going to run for president, and she knows the war with Iraq is all but certain, so she has nothing to gain by coming out against it. This way, she is a loyal American, support our president in time of war. What she really believes is not important to her-she believes in her own power and nothing else. She has no integrity or core beliefs to bog her down, only the need for pure power and she willdo anything she can to get it.
Watch out...this one is dangerous. And a lot of people like her.
Which is why I now believe, do we REALLY want to get out the vote?
Hillary makes me wonder, was she ever a paper-hanger?
(shudder, shudder)

Lefty
11-07-2002, 07:31 PM
Tom, the tax cut happened already; didn't you get a check? What will happen now is that the tax xut will be made permanent and part that hasn't taken effect yet prob. will be accelerated.

Tom
11-07-2002, 07:44 PM
That's spent already, I want more <G>
And now!

Lefty
11-07-2002, 07:58 PM
Me too, and I think our odds are better now.

boxcar
11-08-2002, 12:58 PM
Tom wrote:

>>
Oh, one more thing, can't resist: to Dash-hole "Bye Bye. don't let the door hit you in your senate seat on your way out" <<

Now here's something on which we can agree.

Boxcar

Tom
11-08-2002, 02:46 PM
Cheers!

so.cal.fan
11-08-2002, 11:16 PM
Boxcar!
Welcome back!
You must have been out working to elect Republicans!
Now that the Conservatives have taken over the World.......
perhaps you can rest a bit and post with us again!
:D :D :D

boxcar
11-11-2002, 09:25 PM
so.cal.fan wrote:
Boxcar!
Welcome back!
You must have been out working to elect Republicans! Now that the Conservatives have taken over the World.......perhaps you can rest a bit and post with us again!
:D :D :D

Well...Repubs may have take over the limelight for now, but I wouldn't go so far as to say "conservatives" have. Today, it's getting more difficult than ever to tell the diff between the two parties.

But meanwhile...I still have one more Senate race to bag. I'm off to the great State of Louisiana. :)

Boxcar

Lefty
11-11-2002, 10:59 PM
Boxy, easy to tell the diff: That guy raising taxes:he's a Dem. That guy fighting to cut them:Republican.
The guy calling everybody a racist and black people need help called affirmative action: He's a Dem.
That guy saying everyone is equal an nobody should be discriminated against: He a Repub.
Kinda easy, don'tcha think?
Welcome back.

doophus
11-12-2002, 12:09 AM
Boxcar:

I want to caution you on your visit to the "great State of Louisiana." Many of us old, a Louisiana registered Republican since 1960, very conservative Republicans in this state remain dumbfounded when it comes to Louisiana politics.

Only (4) state-wide elected offices are filled by Democrats, (2) U.S. Senators and the Lt. Gov and the Ag Secretary. All other state-wide offices are filled with Democrats who call themselves Republicans. The immediate past-U.S. Atty very recently sent one of the office-holders, Commissioner of Elections, to the pen for several months as well as a former Governor (yes, Eddie himself.) BTW, the Ag Secretary is under investigation now.

The voters have just converted all state-wide temporary taxes to permanent taxes thereby emptying the "temporary" tax bucket. It won't be long before the "temporary" bucket is filled again.

The Black-American leadership is upset with Landrieu, and they have vowed to withhold their support (to be read as--withhold our support unless you give us lots of $$.) The DNC will assist in taking care of those boys.

All of the conservative Republicans welcome you and all others. Just be aware that the legislature might enact a "temporary" tax bill before the upcoming Senatorial election.

Some several of my friends insist that our current Republican office holders, at one time all were Democrats, had political death-bed conversions. What a group!!

smf
11-12-2002, 04:23 AM
SCF,

I just got back home from Minnesota visiting family and was surprised that they had elected a Repub senator and guv..Come to find out that there was a backlash against the dems b/c of some lame brain named Rick Kahn, a personal friend of the late senator Paul Wellstone, who pitifully turned the Wellstone memorial service into a tasteless rally near the end at Williams Arena ("we will win this election!!" was said over and over again by Kahn).

I'm glad the Repubs collected the Minn spots, but I don't expect to hold those positions too long. The twin cities tv stations paint GWB in less than a positive light, and my conversations w/ the locals lead me to believe that they're still very liberal (too liberal for me) and can't wait to vote in 2 years.

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/columnists/laura_billings/4460266.htm

If the House and Senate can do some good things the next 2 years it will go a long way to prove people like Bill Moyers & Jesse Jackson are nothing but fear/ rumormongers. If we don't get much done then it's an opportunity wasted for conservatives.

http://www.pbs.org/now/commentary/moyers15.html

boxcar
11-13-2002, 12:55 AM
Lefty wrote:

>>
Boxy, easy to tell the diff: That guy raising taxes:he's a Dem. That guy fighting to cut them:Republican.
The guy calling everybody a racist and black people need help called affirmative action: He's a Dem. That guy saying everyone is equal an nobody should be discriminated against: He a Repub.
Kinda easy, don'tcha think?
>>

Not really! Words are cheap. There aren't many Reptubs in D.C. who are willing to put their actions where their mouths are.

>>
Welcome back.
<<

Thanks. But I'm no so sure I'm here to stay. Still have a lot of work to do on my project.

Boxcar

so.cal.fan
11-13-2002, 10:49 AM
Now, Boxcar, you stay out of La. ya'hear!

Lefty
11-13-2002, 01:02 PM
Hmm, I still remember that tax cut by GW. I got my $600.
Last time Dems cut taxes was when JFK did it.
Reagan cut taxes.
Knute and the congress of of 94 got everything up for vote as promised via Contract With America and got the budget balanced and Welfare reform all during the Clinton yrs.
Wake up and smell theDiet Cola.

boxcar
11-15-2002, 12:56 AM
I have, Lefty, and I smell a closet Liberal in Bush. He's a wolf dressed in sheepskin. His tax cut was the only good thing he's done since in office. I trust him less than I do Clinton. At least with Clinton, you knew where that snake stood on issues.

Boxcar

Rick
11-19-2002, 07:13 PM
One party in charge of everything? You'd better bend over, put your head between your legs, and kiss your middle class goodbye.

Tom
11-19-2002, 08:40 PM
The Republicanazi party is already bastardizing homeland security with political pork and paybacks. To me, they are traitors, plaion and simple and we should be making nooses for them all. We have more to fear from the republicanazis than we do Osam Bin Hidin. Homeland security is a complete joke and I am not laughing. We are in for major problems with this bunch of bottom feeding lizzards running things.

Lefty
11-19-2002, 09:10 PM
Rick, middle class always shrinks under Repubs, it moves upward.
Tom. Repubs Nazis? Ridiculous.
Elaborate please. Don't be like Derek, how are they Nazis?
Demos in charge yrs and yrs and we went over 5 trillion in debt with Johnson's Great Society crap and other liberal programs.
Decent people get in charge for first time in my lifetime have we had everything like this and you guys call 'em Nazis.
You are ridiculous!

Tom
11-19-2002, 10:49 PM
....My ass. They can't wait to start tagging a bunch of crap onto the Homeland Security bill-politics as usual. Playing games with our national security is sickening. Watch yourself-the big brother gov't is rolling.. Do you honestly think that these so-called anti-terrosit powers will not be used againt everyone? These people are power mad and look out only for themselves. They are politcians, not leaders, not decent people. They are out to build their own power bases, not help the country. How does protecting big drug companies help strengthen our national security? It doesn't. It does sure help keep those sources of funds flowing for the little prostitutes in power. Look at McCain-he is so deperate to get us to like him he even sinks to siding with Das-hole today, pretending he is outraged over the add-ons to the security bill, like it doesn't happen every day in DC.
These poeple do no represent us-they represent themselves. Period.

hurrikane
11-19-2002, 11:12 PM
Tom,
I can understand your outrage but if you have another idea on how to protect millions of Americans please speak up.

As for the drug companies...you may feel different when you get your smallpox vacine. If it wasn't for the big drug companies we would not stand a chance against any bacterial/virus attack..much less find a cure for the diseases of the world.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you....or cures you.

Rick
11-20-2002, 12:31 AM
Lefty,

Exactly my point. When Democrats were in control of everything it was a different kind of mess. I like a little competition so that we maintain the status quo because politicians never seem to make anything better and the middle class is always the one that picks up the tab.

Thomason
11-20-2002, 08:34 AM
To Doophus in Baton Rouge,

Is it true that former Governor Edwards once told a reporter that the only way he could lose an upcoming election was if they caught him in bed with live boy or a dead girl?

doophus
11-20-2002, 12:02 PM
Thomason:

Edwin Edwards was a very colorful politician who may have said the "sleeping with a live boy or a dead girl" phrase or any derivation imaginable. I didn't actually hear any semblance of this remark. A very colorful politician who knew who had $$'s or who could make $$'s. He was never far removed from the $$'s. Big $ poker games in the mansion with high-$ individuals with big $ contracts with the state. Rampant rumors concerning his womanizing (did he teach Clinton?) at the Southern Governor's Conferences. Incidentally, Senator Breaux is from Edwards' hometown; however, no hint of anything untoward about Breaux yet.

Lefty
11-20-2002, 12:21 PM
Tom, you are paranoid and wrong, but in America that is your right.
The govt. tells the drug cos. they must produce smallpox vaccines. The drug cos. do so. Now the Demos want to sue them out of business if anyone gets sick. Now that's nuts. You can't give something to a lot of people without a few having an adverse reaction.
I tell you libs, let's do this. Let's put a stop to all the corporations, lets make the rich pay 100% taxes, let's put the greedy drug cos out of business.
That's better, now we can all just start killing each other for food and blankets and hope a minor illness doesn't do us in.
We can all become bum fighters.