PDA

View Full Version : HP P2015 Laser Printer

Buzz
02-25-2007, 12:38 PM
A question regarding 2 HP laser printers.

One is the HP1320 and the other is the HP P2015.

I have a lot of experience using the 1320. The place where I work has over 150 of them. And I have never in the past 5 years ever seen one breakdown. They have been in service 24/7. Also they are so quiet that even when they print you hardly know it.:sleeping:

I would like to buy one for home use but my concern is that HP has a nasty habit of dropping a model and discontinuing service. The 1320 design is about 5 years old.

The P2015 is a similar model with even more features and at a better price. However I have absolutely no experience using one. My big concern is noise levels. Is the P2015 as quiet as the 1320?

I had a Samsung here for 20 minutes and immediately returned it and paid a restocking fee because it was too noisy and clunky.:ThmbDown:

Does anyone have experience with the HP P2015?

If so please let me know what your experience has been using the printer.

Thanks,

Buzz

DJofSD
02-25-2007, 12:57 PM
Can't say anything specific about the two models you referenced, but having a model 6P Laserjet printer for -- 15 years? -- it might be slow at 8 pps but it keeps on plugging w/o a hitch. Plus it predates the little unseen yellow tracking spots the government had the manufactors build into newer printers.

rrbauer
03-02-2007, 03:58 PM
I have a lot of experience using the 1320. The place where I work has over 150 of them. And I have never in the past 5 years ever seen one breakdown. They have been in service 24/7. Also they are so quiet that even when they print you hardly know it.:sleeping:

I would like to buy one for home use but my concern is that HP has a nasty habit of dropping a model and discontinuing service. The 1320 design is about 5 years old.

Buzz

Chances are that even when/if HP discontinues the 1320 that service will still be available across their authorized dealer network (my experience with the Series II LJ of many moons ago). I've had a 1320 for 3 years (replaced an older HP) with no problems and the mega-capacity toner cartridges that I buy on the 'net work great also.

I'd go to a retail outlet and ask for a demo of the other machine you're considering.