PDA

View Full Version : HOU for 11/6

PurplePower
11-06-2002, 02:04 AM
Full FREE tip sheet posted at www.shrp.com. Scroll down on home page until you see link, or click on Racing Information link at bottom of page to find link to the sheet.

PurplePower
11-07-2002, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by PurplePower
Full FREE tip sheet posted at www.shrp.com. Scroll down on home page until you see link, or click on Racing Information link at bottom of page to find link to the sheet.

Last Night (11/6): Five top picks won but the supporting cast contributed only three exactas, one trifecta and one superfecta. Early speed continued to be favored running style and close to the rail was a good place to be.

Tonight (11/7): I didn’t see anything to get overly excited about. Longest morning line odds of a top pick is the 5-1 on Hawaiian Attitude in sixth. I think she has a good chance to win. A top four selection that looks most unlikely to finish in top four, but that I think has a chance to do so, is Strike De Ego in the third. Casey Lambert won two races each of the first three nights and could win at least that many tonight as our JOCK-TO-JIVE!

PurplePower
11-08-2002, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by PurplePower

Last night: I was partly right when I said, “I didn’t see anything to get excited about.” My top picks were totally unexciting. Five of them not only didn’t WIN, they finished off the board. Only even money choice Shawnee Switch in tenth managed to deprive Marketing of bagels next week. Casey managed only one third as Roger Gomez and Ricky “Long Shot” Knott each had their pictures taken twice. Two $200 plus trifectas from our second, third and fourth choices was solace for an otherwise disappointing night.

Tonight: Four races with at least ten runners and another 4 with eight suggest a better money making night ahead. Solid top picks in second, sixth and ninth could anchor some nice pick three plays. I particularly like our chances in the sixth and will make that my “race of the night”. Tonight’s “number” is 4. Longshots in the fourth (Valentino Bob), fifth (Texas Dumplin,), ninth (Mrs Miniver) and tenth (Zz Open) all are number 4. Top pick, Lucky M in seventh and “bubble horse”, She’s The Future, in eighth will also be dressed in yellow. Deirdre Panas is on two top picks and could pick up her first wins of this meeting as our JOCK-TO-JIVE!

Boris
11-08-2002, 11:54 AM
Reid,

Glad to see you enjoying PA-land. Good group of folks.

What can you tell me about Gomez? Don't remember him being around in previous meets. Kinda got my attention last night.

PurplePower
11-08-2002, 05:03 PM
Hi Boris,
Yep. With cable I found that I could do a lot more things, and this is one of them. Roger Gomez is 51, a good guy, formerly married to Mindy Willis, (still friendly with her), went through an INS crisis for about five years in mid-90s. Now fully legal he is back to riding full time. I first met Roger when I trained in Oklahoma in the late 80's early 90s. He sits a horse well, good balance. He is patient but will ask a horse to perform. Seems like he had a tendency to use one up on the front end if there was another speed horse in race, but that was on Okie Equitrack and that stuff allowed $4000 claimers to go six furlongs in 9 and change. I think he will be a good "fit" for the Brazos River Sand where early "positioning" is important. One thing I do know about Roger, he will be riding to WIN every time.

Reid