PDA

View Full Version : Another Question for Marc @ DRF

Pace Cap'n
02-23-2007, 07:13 PM
How is it that PP's downloaded 18 hours before post time can not have ML odds?

michiken
02-23-2007, 07:28 PM
Please consider the time change between the US and India!

speedking
02-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Please consider the time change between the US and India!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ron
02-23-2007, 08:34 PM
How is it that PP's downloaded 18 hours before post time can not have ML odds?

Do they put the morning line odds on the DRF PP's at all? I actually prefer not having the odds on the PP's and I think some would agree.

Pace Cap'n
02-24-2007, 01:20 AM
Do they put the morning line odds on the DRF PP's at all? I actually prefer not having the odds on the PP's and I think some would agree.

Thanks. Next time I'll just call it a question for Ron.

rokitman
02-24-2007, 09:41 AM
Thanks. Next time I'll just call it a question for Ron.Heheh :D

Ron
02-24-2007, 12:34 PM
Thanks. Next time I'll just call it a question for Ron.

If the question was just for Marc, then it seems logical just to PM or email him instead of starting another thread each time you have a question.

cj
02-24-2007, 12:44 PM
If the question was just for Marc, then it seems logical just to PM or email him instead of starting another thread each time you have a question.

Unless, of course, he thought others might like to know the answer.

Ron
02-24-2007, 12:49 PM
Unless, of course, he thought others might like to know the answer.

And all I did was ask another question, which was whether or not the put the ML odds in the downloaded PP's at all. I've downloaded them 30 minutes before post and haven't seen the ML odds in them.

cj
02-24-2007, 12:57 PM
The ML odds are in all the final editions, which are available at latest in late afternoon the day prior to a race card. Some tracks provide them much sooner. Beu is already final for Monday and Tuesday, and Delta is final for Wednesday.

bigmack
02-24-2007, 01:11 PM
BEU might as well just go ahead and release ML's arbitrarily like a month in advance. They couldn't be any worse than whoever stuggles with them now. This past week alone had out of whack numbers like ML12/1 going off @ 3/5 and a 15/1 ML going at even $ :lol: (both cases without a scratch in the race)

I called the racing office and inquired who did them and they wern't sure but mentioned they also howl with laughter when they take a gander at the nonsensical configuration of the ML's.

kenwoodallpromos
02-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Why cannot the various suppliers of entry and program information put out their own M/l or whatever they would be called instead of waiting for the official track M/L? Do some services already do that?

cj
02-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Why cannot the various suppliers of entry and program information put out their own M/l or whatever they would be called instead of waiting for the official track M/L? Do some services already do that?

I assume that would be a full time job if you want a competent line for all the tracks. I guess they don't want to pay for something that is relatively unimportant anyway.

Marc At DRF
02-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Pace Cap'n writes:

"How is it that PP's downloaded 18 hours before post time can not have ML odds?"

What track, what date, Formulator or PDF?

Once in a blue moon there's an issue with a final file not going up, but that's rare.

Pace Cap'n
02-26-2007, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the response, Marc.

The file in question is AQU 2-24-07, PDF.

alysheba88
02-26-2007, 06:28 PM
I use Bris and they are always late in putting up the NY data too. Consistently later than any other track. Not sure what the reason is

Marc At DRF
02-27-2007, 10:57 AM
Pace, you kinda lost me.

Our PDF PPs are generated for the paper (sometimes before a ML is available) and available online, but the PPs themselves don't contain the track morning line. You can get those from us via Formulator (basic racecards, same price) or of course from the entries on the website...

I guess I don't understand what about the 24th was different than any other AQU PDF PP file from us...

Ron
02-27-2007, 11:03 AM
Our PDF PPs are generated for the paper (sometimes before a ML is available) and available online, but the PPs themselves don't contain the track morning line. You can get those from us via Formulator (basic racecards, same price) or of course from the entries on the website...

I think that's what I told these guys... This thread is like a Seinfeld episode.

SMOO
02-27-2007, 01:12 PM
It would be nice if the track ML odds were included next to the horses's number in the PPs, like they do in the Equibase programs.

Steve 'StatMan'
02-27-2007, 01:55 PM
It would be nice if the track ML odds were included next to the horses's number in the PPs, like they do in the Equibase programs.

They will be in the final DRF Formulator file.

As for the Printed DRF's, that's not always possible - it would depend on the track's work schedule. Case in point - AQU. The M/L and any final program changes for Wednesday 2/28 card were not available until about 12:15pm ET today, Tuesday 2/27. But the Printed DRF's were already printed and trucked to the various vendors by early this morning. On the other hand, NYRA has the option of printing a smaller number of their Equibase Track Programs in the afternoon, and having them on the program stands either by the end of the afternoon for the fans to buy on the way out, or even as late as morning of the races. The smaller press runs, fewer delivery points, and less strict deadlines are a luxury that the Print DRF operations just doesn't have.

Fastracehorse
02-27-2007, 03:47 PM
That was one of the funniest SNL skits ever.

Cristopher Walken: " I neeed more cow bell!"

fffastt

toetoe
02-27-2007, 06:15 PM
Okay, the thread is bad, but SEINFELD bad? C'mon. :bang:

Yours,
George Raveling

Pace Cap'n
02-28-2007, 06:40 AM
Marc, thanks again for reading through all the extraneous drivel to answer my question.

I live in two-form household. I use TSN and my wife prefers DRF, which I usually download for her 48 hours prior, when available. I had just assumed that the lack of ML was due to the early download, and was surprised to see it was not on a later one. While it would be nice not to have to cross-reference the program, it's no biggie. Thanks again.

cj
02-28-2007, 06:49 AM
I think that's what I told these guys... This thread is like a Seinfeld episode.

Hardly. You asked if they put them in downloaded PPs, and said you have never seen them at all. They are in Formulator PPs, which are downloaded. The original post never specified which type, and neither did you. Now that we know, the answer was easy.

Zaf
02-28-2007, 09:24 AM
That was one of the funniest SNL skits ever.

Cristopher Walken: " I neeed more cow bell!"

fffastt

Guess what , I got a FEVER and the only prescription is more COWBELL.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Zaf
03-02-2007, 01:21 AM
Looks like we have a play for Friday Night.

:lol: Z

Ron
03-02-2007, 09:55 PM
Looks like we have a play for Friday Night.

:lol: Z

We have a winner!

Zaf
03-02-2007, 10:11 PM
That was great but I could of used a little more cowbell !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYqxtlfKCic

Z