PDA

View Full Version : Been Away for a year

creatureman
02-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Hey Fellas, Im in the military and was overseas for a year.I lost touch with the handicapping book scene. I was wondering if someone could give me their opinion about the best books from last year. Also some good info on soon to be released books. Im a speed,formcycle handicapper. Thanks

shanta
02-22-2007, 11:28 AM
Hey Fellas, Im in the military and was overseas for a year.I lost touch with the handicapping book scene. I was wondering if someone could give me their opinion about the best books from last year. Also some good info on soon to be released books. Im a speed,formcycle handicapper. Thanks

Welcome home "Creature" and thank you for your service! :)
Richie

Tom
02-22-2007, 11:53 AM
Creatureman - Sa-lute!

Thank you, and I will cetainly throw out some suggestions when I get home tonight. Some good stuff out there in the last year or so.

boomman
02-22-2007, 04:19 PM
Creatureman: Let me add my welcome home, and thank you so much for your service! As a fellow veteran of The US Army, I salute you!!! By the way, I called the races in Farmington/Albuquerque NM for many years, did I ever have the pleasure of meeting you in person?

Boomer

BillW
02-22-2007, 04:31 PM
creatureman,

I'd like to add my thank you for your service and welcome home! Welcome back to the PA site also!

Bill

Stevie Belmont
02-22-2007, 04:48 PM
Steve Crist's Exotic Betting is a good read. Keep up the great work....

Tom
02-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Agree wtih STevie. Add the DRF press book - on Trainers and on Beyer Speed.
Check Cary Fotias pace book, too. All good reads.

dukeofperl
02-22-2007, 09:31 PM
From one vet to another ... welcome home c-man. Thank you for serving. I can't help much with any current books ... the newest one I have was printed in the 80's or maybe it's the 70's.

creatureman
02-23-2007, 02:49 AM
Thanks for the kind words fellas. I ll check out those books and search for reviews. Booman I am now in AZ, The closest track to me is Turf paradise. When i was in New Mexcio I did go the the Downs in ALB a few times and Ruidoso. I think i heard your voice atleast calling the race, I'm sure.. lol Thanks again guys, I am excited i just got my TVG channel on Direct TV.. Now if i can just get
soem prices..

Lefty
02-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Just want to add my kudos for your service and to say glad you're home safely.

boomman
02-23-2007, 01:51 PM
Creature wrote:

Thanks for the kind words fellas. I ll check out those books and search for reviews. Booman I am now in AZ, The closest track to me is Turf paradise. When i was in New Mexcio I did go the the Downs in ALB a few times and Ruidoso. I think i heard your voice atleast calling the race, I'm sure.. lol Thanks again guys, I am excited i just got my TVG channel on Direct TV.. Now if i can just get
soem prices..

Cman: Pleasure meeting you! Since you have been in NM and are currently in Az, you either heard me most likely at Albuquerque or Yavapai Downs. By the way, take this as my personal invite to watch a day or weekend of races at Yavapai Downs this summer in beautiful Prescott Valley, Az. Just give me a call after I arrive back in AZ after May 15, and the table in the clubhouse is on me!

Boomer

Houndog
02-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Welcome back home and also would like to Thank-You for your service. I can't think of any books within the past year that haven't already been mentioned by others. Every now and then you may want to check out Gamblers Book Club's web site and click on New Arrivals.

The URL for the Gambler's Book Club is http://www.gamblersbook.com/

I am not associated with Gambler's Book Club but I check on this site for new arrivals.

creatureman
02-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Cman: Pleasure meeting you! Since you have been in NM and are currently in Az, you either heard me most likely at Albuquerque or Yavapai Downs. By the way, take this as my personal invite to watch a day or weekend of races at Yavapai Downs this summer in beautiful Prescott Valley, Az. Just give me a call after I arrive back in AZ after May 15, and the table in the clubhouse is on me!

Boomer[/QUOTE]

I Definately check out Yavipavi Downs meet. I love live racing when i can get there. Ill might take you up on that offer booman. Thanks

dukeofperl
02-25-2007, 02:20 PM
Interesting article about Prescott Valley in today's Arizona Republic ...

http://www.azcentral.com/business/articles/0224biz-prescottvalley0225.html

FWIW

boomman
02-25-2007, 04:10 PM
It's been just a great project for us," said Rick Kozuback of Phoenix, president and CEO of Global Entertainment, the parent corporation of the Central Hockey League, "and the turnout has been incredible thus far for the Sundogs and the other events we have staged."

Kozuback said the team on average is drawing more than 4,300 fans a night in the 5,000-seat arena and that 20 of the 22 luxury suites have been sold.

Pearl: This is pretty amazing considering there wasn't 10,000 people in the whole town when we started at Yavapai Downs in 2001! The growth of PV has been incredible! Great place to spend the summer months, and I really enjoy it there!

Boomer