PDA

View Full Version : Michael Crichton on Charlie Rose

chickenhead
02-20-2007, 10:46 PM
Here is a link to an hour he did on Charlie Rose, aired last night. I'm not really interested in debating any of his views, I just thought I'd share this interview for interested parties who may have missed it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2663847011110488414&q=charlie+rose+michael+crichton

skate
02-21-2007, 02:43 PM
i thought it to be interesting that he held back, because he thought he would be critisized.

later he overcame this fear.

it has something to say about 'people being lead'.

chickenhead
02-21-2007, 03:34 PM
I'll probably read his current book.

Charlie obviously was mostly interested in the GW stuff and wanted to talk about that.

I am more interested in the genetic stuff. One because he is an MD. Two because I don't think the patenting of genetic materials gets enough coverage.

Something I've wanted to learn more about for awhile, but have read some about Monsantos behavior towards farmers regarding their patented seeds. Very interesting and frightening stuff.

DJofSD
02-21-2007, 08:59 PM
chickenhead, "Next" is like his prior efforts -- a goodly mix of level headed fact and fiction. This one I picked up as a book on CD and was a good listen. He makes his positions very clear on why granting patents for DNA sequences is wrong.

DJofSD
02-21-2007, 09:47 PM
"If global warming was a company you couldn't buy it."

skate
02-22-2007, 08:08 PM
i didnt know he was a doctor. (MC)

im listening now, but i recall, he was not worrying about global warming.

hes (CR) is very forthright, although i do not agree with him, he is one of the few (on TV) i can stand to listen too. he , at least, interviews all sides.
his approach is great.

BIG RED
02-22-2007, 08:21 PM
Did they say right in the beginning that he wrote the Adromada Strain? If he did, which I know is irrelevent, he looks well for his age.

Good stuff