PDA

View Full Version : NEED TRIP ANALYSIS SOFTWARE?

JustMissed
11-04-2002, 01:52 PM
Does anyone know of a handicapping program that will identify user defined moves from the previous race call positions?

My son and I have been using TSN pp's and eyeballing the last and next to last running lines for certain race moves. We have been passing quite a few races lately because of value considerations and contentiousness and consequently some days may only have 4-6 races to play on a card.

We are thinking that if we had a program that would identify these moves for us then we could download several tracks to look for these moves and thus maybe come up with more races to play.

The only program we have used is the free Procaps from TSN so neither one of us knows anything about handicapping programs and would appreciate your recommendations.

JustMissed
:)

Dave Schwartz
11-04-2002, 02:33 PM
Jerry Wayne (from ITS) has some trip software he developed.

I looked at it awhile ago and could not fairly assess it as I have no clue about Trip Handicapping but I do have a clue about Jerry. That would make it worthwhile to contact him.

Dave Schwartz

JustMissed
11-04-2002, 03:03 PM
Thank you. I'll check him out.

JustMissed

GameTheory
11-04-2002, 03:59 PM
If it just boils to down to things like "gained X amount" between call Y & Z, and then finished beating half the field, or other such rules that only uses numbers and comparisons (as opposed to using trouble notes, racing wide, etc.) then my charts parser (my version -- email me) can do that.

It could mark certain running lines for you if they fit a pattern.

Dave Schwartz
11-04-2002, 06:20 PM
As I recall, the software took a lot of user input, but such is the nature of trip handicapping.

Dave

Tom
11-04-2002, 06:26 PM
Supposedly, the next version of Formulator will allow the user to record trip or other notes that will last file-to-file, I believe.
But then again, they were going to have pace figures right after thePreakness, too.
We shall see.

Dick Schmidt
11-05-2002, 03:41 AM
I seem to remember that Andy Beyer wrote about such a piece of software that he uses and thinks is wonderful. I also seem to remember that Andy said that there was such a small market for this program that the developer decided to use it and not try to sell it. He did give it out to friends and handicapping gods. You might check Andy's past columns for a full description.

Dick

JustMissed
11-05-2002, 11:30 AM
I probably should not have used the word "Trip" handicapping because that has the connotation of make notes on a horse's previous races.

Game Theory has the right idea of what I am doing. We are looking at eleven different moves within the last two running lines in the call positions area. Three of the moves consider if the horse is 3 wide or more in the turn, which usually appears in the comment line. We use these moves to qualify contenders and also as impact values for making our odds line, as well as class, condition, speed and pace.

I was hoping for a program that would run through the pp's and identify the horses exhibiting one or more of these moves.

Thanks for all your imput.

JustMissed
:)

GameTheory
11-05-2002, 01:58 PM
Just Missed --

Got a message from you and tried to write back (@easyriders.com), but it bounced -- is that a good address?

nucsub
11-06-2002, 08:25 PM
I have been building what I am calling "Spot Play". As part of my current software program and with a click of the mouse you can download any and all active full chart racing results. Presently, I use the results for track performance, track bias analysis and pace analysis.

I am developing the software to do something similiar to what you are looking for: After I receive the chart results, I will then look for specific "Spot Plays", which would be developed by the user much like my current Custom Expression Builder (see www.jzambuto.com). Maybe your looking for a horse that has improved his speed, gained x lengths in the stretch, finished within x lengths of the winner, etc. Then parsing upcoming racing programs for all active tracks looking for those horses that were identified earlier. Find the horse(s), and make the bets.

What do you thing of that Idea?

www.jzambuto.com

harveyII
11-13-2002, 02:00 PM
NUCSUB.........I'm looking forward to the "SPOT PLAY" software.In conjunction with "THE NEW CUSTOM BUILDER" should be "DYNAMITE".The choice of 110 factors using the "BUILDER" and spot plays wow!!!