PDA

View Full Version : MNR Race Caller

michiken
02-17-2007, 07:28 PM
Who is calling Mountaineer's races today? I kind of like his straight forward calls.

jwcomposer
02-17-2007, 09:27 PM
Me.

Pete's back on board tho' for the rest of the night.

bigmack
02-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Me.
Nice work. Did PB invite you in?

befuddlem
02-18-2007, 12:32 AM
Me.

You did a pretty good job. Are you coming back for more?

jwcomposer
02-18-2007, 12:58 AM
As the story goes, I was on standby for Pete tonight in the case he might be absent. As to whether I'll be back, I'm certain I will. The questions of where and when are yet to be determined, however. Until then, more jazz composing. Thanks all for the kind words.

JustRalph
02-18-2007, 02:56 PM
As the story goes, I was on standby for Pete tonight in the case he might be absent. As to whether I'll be back, I'm certain I will. The questions of where and when are yet to be determined, however. Until then, more jazz composing. Thanks all for the kind words.

Somehow, I can see the relationship between jazz composing and calling a horse race..............

some of those jazz notes are running way out in the 10 path on the turn......makes perfect sense

skate
02-19-2007, 04:01 PM
yeh ok.

jwcomposer
02-19-2007, 11:31 PM
The similarities are actually quite plentiful between race announcing and jazz improvisation. A structured framework is provided in both instances (the race unfolding, who the combatants are, et cetera for the former, and the chord progression and style in the latter), and everything from there is created on the spot. Cliches do exist in both, on a grand scheme and for each individual as well, I'm sure. It's not as odd a combination as some may think.

Hosshead
02-20-2007, 06:48 AM
Every race is a different song.