PDA

View Full Version : TVG and Churchill Downs

garyoz
02-15-2007, 10:38 PM
Seems like the end of the contractual relationship between TVG and Churchill will really change the TVG mix. It seems like it will shift the center of TVG's coverage to NYRA and Jersey. Press release on the Racing Dispatch (and PA Headlines)

snip.....This spring, TVG plans to reallocate its programming ‘shelf space’ to Kentucky’s Keeneland Racecourse, offering the highest daily race purse levels in the United States; New York’s Belmont Park, home of more Grade 1 stakes races than any other racetrack in the United States including the Belmont Stakes; Southern California’s Hollywood Park, home of the American Oaks and Hollywood Gold Cup; and Monmouth Park, the venerable Jersey Shore racetrack that is TVG’s newest exclusive track partner and home to the 2007 Breeders’ Cup World Championships....snip

Sounds like Holly won't be exclusive to TVG. Will make AP and CRC non exclusive fill-in tracks when the contract expires (hooray)--Churchill would also be a non-exclusive fill-in. Wonder if HRTV will pick up some of these tracks?

I guess once Hollywood is sold, the remaining Churchill properties aren't that compelling. Probably make TVG less SoCal focused. This is interesting. Wonder what Churchill's side of this is and what their rationale is?

Also interesting on the NYRA license side. TVG must be pretty confident that Churchill won't get the franchise.

BIG49010
02-16-2007, 12:22 AM
It would be nice if RTN gets all the CD tracks now, being a subscriber I would love to get the full track feed for Churchill and Arlington.

I have never been a big fan of the all talk race track TV, I think not being associated with the Derby will hurt or finish TVG.

44PACE
02-16-2007, 02:13 AM
It would be nice if RTN gets all the CD tracks now, being a subscriber I would love to get the full track feed for Churchill and Arlington.

I have never been a big fan of the all talk race track TV, I think not being associated with the Derby will hurt or finish TVG.

RTN are they still in business?? I subscribed from them for 6 months 5 or 6 years ago for $ 100 a month. They talked about lowering their rate to $75 per month. Are they still charging 100?

I would put back on my roof the dish if they lowered their price.

blind squirrel
02-16-2007, 06:05 AM
well,this should cause problems for the handicapper.will CD start their
own seperate wagering network?.....TVG and CD were joined at the hip
from the outset...i guess now when they cover the KY DERBY,TODD
SCHRUPP will say,"last saturday there was a race for 3 year olds at
a track in LOUISVILLE KY,but coming up next we've got the "best bet
in racing,"the pick 4 from LOS ALAMATAS!

Ponyplayr
02-16-2007, 08:39 AM
RTN are they still in business?? I subscribed from them for 6 months 5 or 6 years ago for $ 100 a month. They talked about lowering their rate to $75 per month. Are they still charging 100?

I would put back on my roof the dish if they lowered their price.
I like the tracks they offer. TB.. Har.. and greyhounds.
http://www.rtn.tv/

rrbauer
02-16-2007, 10:43 AM
garyoz:
I guess once Hollywood is sold, the remaining Churchill properties aren't that compelling. Probably make TVG less SoCal focused. This is interesting. Wonder what Churchill's side of this is and what their rationale is?

Hollywood is long gone from the CD stable.

garyoz
02-16-2007, 11:03 AM
garyoz:

Hollywood is long gone from the CD stable.

Of course, how quickly we forget.