PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR problems?

46zilzal
02-15-2007, 11:31 AM
What's up here? A boring sport just got worse.

blind squirrel
02-15-2007, 11:50 AM

as a guy who grew up in NORTH CAROLINA,there use to be
a saying in NASCAR...."If ya ain't cheating you aint trying".

michiken
02-15-2007, 12:27 PM
The mystery substance was identified as a 'milkshake'.

kenwoodallpromos
02-15-2007, 01:29 PM
I gave up on car racing after I heard drivers allow others to pass to get false credit for laps.

JustRalph
02-15-2007, 02:16 PM

What are the odds of you starting a thread on a subject you have no knowledge of..........?

You are batting a thousand today...............

Crawl back in your igloo.................

cj
02-15-2007, 03:03 PM
If only horse racing was as hard on cheaters as NASCAR...

JustRalph
02-18-2007, 03:03 PM
6 hours of Daytona coverage today. 200k people at the track and 40 million watching on TV....................in 98 countries................

43 teams and 15 more who didn't get in the race.

Doing pretty well for being so boring.................

now if I can only figure out a favorite driver............... :bang:

46zilzal
02-18-2007, 05:41 PM
Loud, belching, polluting, machines wasting energy plastered with every obnoxious corporate logo going around and around endlessly with the crowd looking for those juicy accidents.

Wow I can't wait!

JustRalph
02-18-2007, 07:40 PM
Loud, belching, polluting, machines wasting energy plastered with every obnoxious corporate logo going around and around endlessly with the crowd looking for those juicy accidents. Wow I can't wait!

I understand your ignorance. What I don't understand is your habit of putting it on display.

rrbauer
02-18-2007, 08:26 PM
I have no idea what the attraction is, but when the Bristol races come to town, I leave!

dylbert
02-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Now that is how every auto race should end -- close in front and banging in rear. Can't wait to hear first-hand report from friend who attended.

First 450 was fairly boring even for Daytona -- last 50 was worth watching. Truly was The Great American Race this year.

Poor 46, I don't know if he finds joy in anything. Poor fella...

(Does smoking icon mean that I'm politically incorrect? I understand there is movement to rate any film containing smoking, "R" restricted. Censorship won't make smoking less attractive. I advocate $5 per pack tax. This would decrease demand as starting cost whould increase significantly.)

cj
02-18-2007, 10:10 PM
Now that is how every auto race should end -- close in front and banging in rear. Can't wait to hear first-hand report from friend who attended.

I thought the end of the race, despite the close finish, sucked. Too many crashes, then sitting around for 20 minutes so they could race two laps seemed a bit much.

Pace Cap'n
02-18-2007, 11:55 PM
I thought the end of the race, despite the close finish, sucked. Too many crashes, then sitting around for 20 minutes so they could race two laps seemed a bit much.

You and me both. And how many times did they say if the caution came out the race was over and whoever was in the lead was the winner. Of course, they didn't mention Nascar wouldn't throw the caution until ten minutes after the wreck. I think Mark Martin got hosed.

cj
02-19-2007, 12:32 AM
You and me both. And how many times did they say if the caution came out the race was over and whoever was in the lead was the winner. Of course, they didn't mention Nascar wouldn't throw the caution until ten minutes after the wreck. I think Mark Martin got hosed.

I was wondering that myself. NASCAR has always kind of just made up the rules as they go along.

Shacopate
02-20-2007, 03:27 AM
Mark Martin is all class...

Not only was he triple-teamed in that hard-fought loss, but he was also the victim of some on-the-fly rule making. Still, he refused to "as he said" cry about it.

The prima donna's of the NBA could learn alot from this man.

500 miles, 200 laps....and it came down to a blink of an eye. It don't think that's boring at all.