PDA

View Full Version : Notional

john del riccio
02-15-2007, 07:09 AM
I had this horse (and the 2nd place finisher as well) moving backwards off there previous races (ie., did not improve). I post this only because Haskin seems to be much higher on him at this point. The race (Risen Star) fell apart somewhat in my opinion.

John

cj
02-15-2007, 08:29 AM
This is how I have his last three races:

FG 02/10 8.5 FT Risenstr-G3 | 107 91 103 91 | 96*
SA 01/13 8.0 FT Snrafael-G2 | 98 91 97 91 | 94*
HOL 12/16 8.5 FT Holfut-G1 | 83 94 70 91 | 92

I have him running the same speed figure the last three out, but each one in a faster paced race. At the least, he is ratable.

(The figures are Race Pace and Speed, then Horse Pace and Speed, then an overall number).

levinmpa
02-15-2007, 09:21 AM
Always a good pattern to see the pace figures improving, while not negatively affecting the speed figures. This is a horse to follow in my opinion.

Robert Fischer
02-15-2007, 10:06 AM
At the classic distances, Notional may need to get a breather just before the stretch run. Many of these bigger races have plenty of early speed, followed by crowding and a slight slow-down up front, so he fits well there. If he is in a smaller field, where the main competition is game front speed (Stormello, EZ Warrior?, Liquidity?), Notional could have more problems.

ranchwest
02-15-2007, 05:04 PM
I had this horse (and the 2nd place finisher as well) moving backwards off there previous races (ie., did not improve). I post this only because Haskin seems to be much higher on him at this point. The race (Risen Star) fell apart somewhat in my opinion.

John

With the large field and the front pressure horses in the race, this race set up great for Notional. I didn't check out the 10 horse enough, so I missed the tri and the super.

PlanB
02-15-2007, 07:32 PM

John

I like your honesty, but you proved to be wrong. Don't forget that fact. You cannot be so sure what kids will do next.

john del riccio
02-16-2007, 04:57 AM
I like your honesty, but you proved to be wrong. Don't forget that fact. You cannot be so sure what kids will do next.

How can I be proven wrong until these two horses run back ?? at least twice...

I had them both as the top two going into the Risen Star but my opinion was that the race fell apart a bit so neither of the top two horses went forward.

John

classhandicapper
02-16-2007, 07:05 PM
I thought a couple of the other horses in the race had rougher trips (ground loss, moved earlier into the quick pace) and of course we can't tell what to think about Circular Quay yet because Pletcher is obviously not trying to get his horses to peak on the 2nd Saturday of February. Plus the horse got stopped making his run. It looks to me like Notional is a decent prospect though. His record looks a lot better if you draw a line through his poly races. He should get better, but he still has a long way to go.