PDA

View Full Version : GULFSTREAM CANCELS Monday

crownx
02-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Wow.. some rain and sloppy track, so lets cancel racing and INVITE ALL to PLAY in the SLOT ROOM.. weak azz move by GP.

ryesteve
02-12-2007, 01:53 PM
Wow.. some rain and sloppy track, so lets cancel racing and INVITE ALL to PLAY in the SLOT ROOM.. weak azz move by GP.
Perhaps you can justify this cynicism by explaining exactly how management benefits by NOT having racing today.

abuttry
02-12-2007, 02:01 PM
Jockeys only want to ride on fast tracks these days.

skate
02-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Jockeys only want to ride on fast tracks these days.

yes sir, happens more and more and i have tio agree with them.

good question rye...

crownx
02-12-2007, 03:10 PM
It not like Baseball, there are no make up games so when the track cancels the management gets to take the day off. Just a case of the lazy mondays.. why bother is what I see in the cancellation, of course I am already out my 5 bucks for a DRF, but I doubt I get a refund.

If they want to cancel b/c of rain then GP should build a dome, just an excuse to save money racing and lazy admins can sit around waiting for 5pm, so the slot players can get in/out without getting stuck behind you blue haired racing fans..

rrbauer
02-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Track says jocks were "concerned"

http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=37531

JimG
02-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Glad they cancelled. I had little confidence in hitting the pick 6 today.

AwolAtPA
02-12-2007, 08:25 PM
.. weak azz move by GP.

I not only disagree but I applaud the Gulfstream management for listening to the jockeys. The decision to put lives of jockeys ahead of profits should be recognized as a good decision.

I plan to send GP an email to say as a handicapper and bettor, I hope that other tracks would follow their lead of accepting the jockeys concern and stop the racing when conditions are not safe.

duane

JustRalph
02-13-2007, 12:53 AM
Glad they cancelled. I had little confidence in hitting the pick 6 today.

More time for you to help your buddy spend his winnings?

JimG
02-13-2007, 07:26 AM
More time for you to help your buddy spend his winnings?

Hi Ralph,

Nah, it's back to the grind for both of us. The money came in handy and I definitely will play in more contests this year as a result of the good fortune. He did catch 5 of 6 on Sunday in the pick6 (had the 2 in last race) and had asked me to look at the Monday card. We'll try it again on Wed.

Jim

JustRalph
02-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Hi Ralph,

Nah, it's back to the grind for both of us. The money came in handy and I definitely will play in more contests this year as a result of the good fortune. He did catch 5 of 6 on Sunday in the pick6 (had the 2 in last race) and had asked me to look at the Monday card. We'll try it again on Wed.

Jim

go get em Jim! I am going to have to make a trip to Va someday..........

CryingForTheHorses
02-14-2007, 12:02 PM

4 inches of rain in the last day and pouring on Monday. I dont think its a weak-azz move.I bet you would still bitch IF they ran and had lots of scratches.In todays world sooooooo many people are unsatified with everything..

linrom1
02-15-2007, 10:21 AM
4 inches of rain in the last day and pouring on Monday. I dont think its a weak-azz move.I bet you would still bitch IF they ran and had lots of scratches.In todays world sooooooo many people are unsatified with everything..

Ok, I don't want to be a prick, but, McSchell, they run during monsoon season at Calder and the new surface at GP is better than at Calder and certainly better than GP's surface was in the past. So now I have to ask you a question: when was the last time that GP canceled racing because of weather related issues? Just name at least one instance of such an occurrence. Without a racino it would have never happened and the racino will probably stay open during a hurricane.

njcurveball
02-15-2007, 11:10 AM
when was the last time that GP canceled racing because of weather related issues? Just name at least one instance of such an occurrence. Without a racino it would have never happened and the racino will probably stay open during a hurricane.

01/14/05
Gulfstream Park
Races 7-10
Heavy Rains

point given
02-15-2007, 09:09 PM
My buddy was ontrack for this day. He said that in the simo room there was a near riot going on. People were demanding refunds for programs, DRF,seats, etc in a very loud way. Refunds were given, but only until 3pm that day.

CryingForTheHorses
02-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Ok, I don't want to be a prick, but, McSchell, they run during monsoon season at Calder and the new surface at GP is better than at Calder and certainly better than GP's surface was in the past. So now I have to ask you a question: when was the last time that GP canceled racing because of weather related issues? Just name at least one instance of such an occurrence. Without a racino it would have never happened and the racino will probably stay open during a hurricane.

GP and Calder has two different surfaces. Calder is a deep sand track that was built to withstand monsoon season. GP on th other hand is a shallow clay based track that is like running down the salts flats of Nevada.When it pours on a track like GP, It gets very slippery and very hard to walk on. Calder on the other hand is like a sponge and soaks up the water.Walk down to where te horses cross over to go to the holding barn..Go for a walk down that part of the track and see for yourself...