PDA

View Full Version : !0% signer business?

so.cal.fan
11-01-2002, 06:07 PM
I understand that most tracks are at this time investigating all their pick six winning tickets.
What if Derrick was just one of many who have broken into the system?
Here in So. Cal. there are several "professional" gamblers who make most of their income-signing for other people's tickets.
Now, this could get sticky. They may not have been the cheats, but they end up "dupes" of the cheats.
What is their defense?" I signed for a ticket that wasn't mine, so as to get back the IRS takeout tax or some of it"?
If this scandal gets any bigger.........I look to see several familiar faces in the clubhouse.....MIA.

BillW
11-01-2002, 07:12 PM
Other side of the coin ... how about the signers of the 5 of 6 tickets if the 6 of 6 is recinded and the 5 of 6 consolation payout is bumped up. That'll teach those who employ signers :)

Bill

delayjf
11-01-2002, 07:43 PM
I know one of the guys you're talking about, short guy, grey hair, sound familiar?? I always wondered how they made that work. Nice guy hope he doesn't get caught. Seems to me that if the IRS really wanted them, they'd get em.

so.cal.fan
11-01-2002, 08:43 PM
I don't think the IRS has a clue about this stuff, djf.
Some guys were talking about the fact that so many of the pick six pools with ONE winning ticket are all under investigation, because nearly ALL of these tickets are from some obsure area, on the other side of the country, so it may be that not that many big pick six tickets have been cashed by our regular suspects.
Someone cashed them......and they will leave a trail.
I think it is over, at least for this scam.
I think you all can bet the big carryover tomorrow at Santa Anita.
Just hold those tickets for a while if you hit four or five...LOL

ranchwest
11-01-2002, 11:56 PM
It has been a few years since I bet a Pick 6. For 5 of 6 it paid $12.30, so I quit playing the P6. I guess it kept me out of all of these stolen pools.

rrbauer
11-02-2002, 06:14 AM
I remember that one, ranchwest. I had the consolation seven times and I'm thinking here's my next house payment. Crap! It barely covered the bar bill.