View Full Version : Big Day at the FairGrounds Sat 2/10/07

IRISHLADSTABLE
02-09-2007, 12:37 PM
$300,000 Risen Star-G3
$200,000 Silverbulletday-G3
$200,000 FG BCH-G3
$200,000 Mineshaft-G3
$100,000 Taylor's Special

The road to the Triple Crown continues with such top runners as Circular Quay, Notional, Zanjero, Buffalo Man, Get Ready Bertie and many more!

Jimmy

OTM Al
02-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Buffalo Man has been scratched after drawing the 14 hole

Robert Fischer
02-10-2007, 10:57 AM
Some Talented three-year-olds running. A few big names. Several sprinters stretching out, should really have some pace.

OTM Al
02-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Gotta give Circular Quay a pass on that one. He looked like he was really moving well until the accident and he still managed to beat 7 of them. Not sold on him, but just can't count it against him either.

JPinMaryland
02-10-2007, 11:55 PM
Also CQ has not run in 92 days or so. I thought it would be a chaos race, but overlooked Notional breaking from the 12 hole.

What's the story on Graham, the jockey who was thrown? Looked scary, he did not move at all, the horse Slew's Tizzy looked fine. It did not appear that any other horses collided w/ Graham. I did not have time to digest it all.

Pace Cap'n
02-11-2007, 12:33 AM
What's the story on Graham, the jockey who was thrown?

According to the DRF, he's fine, and even won the next race. Tough dude.

JPinMaryland
02-11-2007, 04:31 AM
yeah I read that on another forum, he didnt move for a quite a while. Dont know what happened to Zanjero the 10, he was in good position to close but didnt fire. 50-1 shot was leading most of the way, but figured to fade. slew's tizzy apparently clipped heels, with the leader, the 2, otherwise who knows. Circular Quay had to make a hard turn to get out of there, if they hadnt clipped he might have won, but still had a lot of traffic to get through, you wonder if this is another one that finds bad trips or a good one to bet next time out.

Robert Fischer
02-11-2007, 11:23 AM
Zanjero is a horse that may not be as talented as your "typical" triple crown hopeful. He is consistent however. The race was set up about as well as it could for a little bit of a late runner with route experience. Depending on the way a race comes up I may not be so crazy about Zanjero.

CQ didn't appear to be running a winning race regardless of trouble. Probably good for an in-the-money finish if things had gone smoothly. They don't want this horse to peak yet. Really classy horse you may get better odds on him next time.

Valuist
02-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Did anybody see the photo for 2nd for the 10th race at the FG yesterday? I can't believe Editors Cat didn't catch Cosme. I thought the 8 beat the 7 by at least a head. Anyone else shocked by that photo?