PDA

View Full Version : Onion Sports - Laugh a little

Murph
02-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Onion Sports: Marino and Manning have uncomfortable post-Super Bowl handshake

http://www.sportsline.com/spin/story/9983714

OTM Al
02-09-2007, 11:42 AM
I can't believe how many people seem to be wrapped up in ths Marino vs Manning thing for real. Its the second dumbest thing they're talking about on NY Sports radio right now, the dumbest being that now that Manning has won the Super Bowl (funny, I thought I saw the Colts win the game.....) that Alex Rodriguez is now the highest profile choaker in sports. Unbelievable. NY sports writers and radio guys are the biggest idiots I've ever heard (though I have heard tell their Boston couterparts are even worse).

Bubbles
02-09-2007, 04:44 PM
There are exceptions. Mike Francessa's not a bad radio guy (his partner, Chris Russo, stinks, though), and Mike Lupica, Filip Bondy, and Vic Zeigel aren't bad writers.

skate
02-09-2007, 05:04 PM
i'll vote for Sid

OTM Al
02-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Francessa's ok when he doesn't have his nose up Bill Parcell's rear end. I think being with Russo actually makes him look better than he is though. I don't think Russo knows anything about any of the sports he can discuss, which is all of about 3. Lupica can be a good writer, but sometimes he just goes off the same deep end as all the others, especially in that Shooting from the Lip column he does every week. Ziegel is ok. I can't really think of anything Bondy has written though I know he is in the Daily News which I read, so obviously he's neither offended or impressed me. Then of course we are always treated to a Bill Gallo cartoon. I am simply not old enough to get these. I know he's an old guy and all, but he seems stuck in the 50s

I used to listen to WFAN but I can't seem to get reception on the radio I have at work now so I often will listen to the ESPN radio channel. This guy in the morning, Max something is a complete joker. Terrible. More interested in being the center of attention. I've actually started to appreciate Steven Smith, though I really don't care about basketball, which is his main thing. The guy's pretty smart. I'm actually most pleasently surprised by Michael Kay. Can't stand him when he does Yankee games, but in the talk format, he's pretty good.