PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo breaks 30- 9:41 ,2/8/06

Suff
02-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Yahoo --My Strong buy recommendation is up $4.71 since my Rec, and busted $30.00 for the first time in 10 months, and is up $2.39 since I reiterated my STRONG BUY just three weeks ago...

The stocks going to $52.00 I expect $7.00 to $9.00 a share, per quarter for the next three earnings reports... buy buy buy up to $35.00, , profit take at $43.00, then margin to $48.00, hold to 52 and call it a day!!

skate
02-08-2007, 06:24 PM
doing, thanks

skate
02-08-2007, 06:26 PM
suff-er;

gimme your run on AMD
im in love , so be careful

bigmack
02-08-2007, 06:39 PM
Their average volume is just under 24 mil/day. It didn't show up properly in your graph but the volume was 15.5 mil today. Why not more volume?

Suff
02-08-2007, 08:34 PM
doing, thanks

Yahoo's a Global Play if your implying my optimism is based on US Growth. Although I do think Yahoo will grow domestically. But I like yahoo Japan for earnings growth.

I'm not a stock anylzer and I am not a big player. I own shares of yahoo in the 100's with a basis cost of $26.00 I fiddle around. I will double my holdings when my downside is lowered.

I look at the market every morning and every night.

The biggest mistake people make is to Compare Google and Yahoo. Yahoo is a portal and services company. Google is search and services....

Yahoo never realized what Google did and you can fault them for that. But now they are making they're first real run at search. Starting with the Overture aquisition...Now Panama...

Overture is a great tool and if you have interest in On line search I recommend you go there.

As far as the stock,,, yes Yahoo has a ton of cash on its balance sheet, and it could finance its own funeral...., Its the only real trophy property available right now since Myspace, Youtube and Google are not in play.

I think Microsoft (MSN), or a big global brand will merge with it.

Volume is trending down, and that a sign I like. 10 day Volume is 15M.

Low volume + Rising price = Holders & Buyers.....

AMD is AMD....and if you like one AMD angle then you have to Like Yahoo.

Firms use AMD because INTEL has burned them up. You can't please everybody and AMD picks up INTELS scraps and does Ok for itself...

With that in mind......ask yourself how many webmasters, and advertisers that Google has pissed off while it has DOMINATED the Key word and adsense market? Click fraud, irrelevant links to site content, minimum pay outs and ABOVE ALL>.. Google Black Hat. Googles black-hatted 100's of thousands of sites who broke standards that GOOGLE will not release... Google does not share its analytics code. Companies were elminated from playing the game without even knowing the rules...

Firms still don't know all the rules. Google's a bully and Yahoo is going to benefit....imho

DJofSD
02-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Good call, Suff.

I "went positive" on YHOO last spring when I read about the CEO getting an incentive.

I think it has more upside room.

I hold SHLD and I think every one should be long on Lampert's company.

DJofSD
02-09-2007, 10:25 PM
Any one lucky enough to get into FIG?

skate
02-11-2007, 08:09 PM
don't know FIG?

pretty soon, im jumping on ;
Nabors
Rite aid
AMD

taxes got up, i'm Out.
got my foot resting on Fast Reverse.

Suff
02-11-2007, 08:14 PM
don't know FIG?

pretty soon, im jumping on ;
Nabors
Rite aid
AMD

taxes got up, i'm Out.
got my foot resting on Fast Reverse.

New offering. Retail Hedge fund. Had an $18-$26.00 range and sold at 31.00 at the bell. I looked briefly at it. The underwriter has an over allotment provision for another 5 million shares, that'll probably be gone, or probably are already gone....by the bell.

Its the only US listed stock that lets $25.00 players get in the hedge fund game.

skate
02-11-2007, 08:34 PM
okey doke!

hedge fundssure have looked strong.

bigmack
02-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Whatever happened to Mark Cuban's idea for a gambling hedge?

"Unlike the stockmarket, you know the rules exactly" in gambling, he said on his blog last year, when he announced his hedge fund. "You know without question, the house is going to play by the rules. The gaming commission appears to actually enforce rules of play, unlike the SEC."

skate
02-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Suffer;

heres one in return.

Wal-mart, GM, GE and meany other big companys will save billions in shipping costs if they can snuff union wages and conditions in LTL (less than load).

Yellow/roadway and ABF (union), when our next recession hits, they will be headed into the first recession without union domination.
they will have a big liability being union.
Yellow already has high debt, slim profits, compared to Conway(non union).

Ups, Fedex are not really pure LTL. and of coarse im looking down the road a bit and along with Conway i also like the looks of Old Dominion.

Suff
02-12-2007, 06:53 PM
Suffer;

I'm not playing those stocks.... , to many factors.. not the least of which is gas. The only other play I am making is a Company called HeadWaters out of Utah. Take a look at them. Cheap stock , 22 bucks, and its going places.

----------------------------------------

Nice Yahoo news today...., Stocks down .80 cents but I expected some tug of rope on the price when they reach benchmarks... ,,, closed 29.17 ( up in after hours)

In a major expansion beyond the U.S. market, Yahoo is rolling out its mobile ad services in 18 international markets and has signed on major advertisers in doing so. Yahoo has already signed up such multinational powerhouses as Hilton Hotel Corp.'s Embassy Suites, Nissan Motor Co.'s Infiniti, Intel Corp., PepsiCo Inc.'s Pepsi, Procter & Gamble Co.'s Asian-Pacific unit and Singapore Airlines Ltd. for its new mobile advertising roll out. The company also plans to offer several new features for its Go 2.0 suite of mobile applications including searches directly from Yahoo Maps and the ability to share specified content with friends. Yahoo reports strong demand for its Go 2.0; since being launched in January, it has already been downloaded by 400,000 mobile users.

skate
02-13-2007, 05:22 PM
I'm not playing those stocks.... , to many factors.. not the least of which is gas. The only other play I am making is a Company called HeadWaters out of Utah. Take a look at them. Cheap stock , 22 bucks, and its going places.

----------------------------------------

Nice Yahoo news today...., Stocks down .80 cents but I expected some tug of rope on the price when they reach benchmarks... ,,, closed 29.17 ( up in after hours)

In a major expansion beyond the U.S. market, Yahoo is rolling out its mobile ad services in 18 international markets and has signed on major advertisers in doing so. Yahoo has already signed up such multinational powerhouses as Hilton Hotel Corp.'s Embassy Suites, Nissan Motor Co.'s Infiniti, Intel Corp., PepsiCo Inc.'s Pepsi, Procter & Gamble Co.'s Asian-Pacific unit and Singapore Airlines Ltd. for its new mobile advertising roll out. The company also plans to offer several new features for its Go 2.0 suite of mobile applications including searches directly from Yahoo Maps and the ability to share specified content with friends. Yahoo reports strong demand for its Go 2.0; since being launched in January, it has already been downloaded by 400,000 mobile users.

ok ok , i can see, im gonna have a tuff sell.
first point, fuel can not be an issue, unless the economy ( downto the lastnitty) tanks , but even then, trucks roll. and the cost always gets past along to you, the wallet man.
fuel is your problem , not theirs.

now onto your liking Yahoo so much, and thats just dandy.

everything you say May be true, most likely it will be true,but i cant see what is happening. when you say plans, i do not disagree, but too many "what ifs" that you can not see, unless you have a real good contact. even with an insider, your competition is notin the picture.

you can see what the trucks/railroads are doing, the competition is so very small and when the main cometition is takin out, bingo, skate-time.

hey, and i am talking "over a long haul". not today...

let me add, the higher the cost of fuel, the better off the trucking cos. will become.

DJofSD
03-10-2007, 11:14 AM
I don't expect YHOO to be at the same level next year -- lower after at&t restructures their agreement.