PDA

View Full Version : Wash. Post and William Arkin

Bala
02-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Last night Bill O'Reilly presented lucid commentary on this rat bastard.

Radical leftist Washington Post commentator and NBC News analyst William Arkin considers American troops in Iraq who believe in their mission "mercenaries."

Democrat Sen. John Kerry thinks those soldiers, who volunteer for service, didn't "make an effort to be smart" and are "stuck in Iraq" because of their intellectual deficiencies.

The left's definition of "hero" (http://www.humanevents.com/rightangle/index.php?id=20538&title=rightometer_washington_post_slimes_ameri)

At the last anti war spectacle in Washington, liberal peace-lovers? vandalized a military recruitment office - repeating an act of rock wielding thugs across college campuses and at ROTC headquarters nationwide.

Big cooperate American left media never apologies for any remark. Whether it is Arkin or Dan Rather, the radical left just marches on.

And the beat goes on....

Getting ready for the $1.65 billion sale to Google back in October, YouTube started "cleaning up" its site. One of the videos it deleted was an entry from Michelle Malkin titled "First They Came," about authors, politicians, and film makers who have been targeted by Islamic terrorists.

Because Malkin is considered to be a right-wing fundraiser, the video entry was interpreted by critics as political. YouTube bought into the criticism and dumped the video, which led to protests from the other side. The protesters claimed that YouTube had loads of videos promoting the terrorist point of view.

Which brought New York Times columnist Tom Zeller Jr. to the question: How do you police these things? They are, after all, set up as mechanisms for people to post just about anything they want.

In his article for the paper, Zeller quoted Jeffrey Rutenbeck, Dean of Communication and Creative Media Division at Champlain College in Burlington, VT, who said that attempts to censor Internet sites "almost always raises awareness of an issue. And this provides a great conversational landscape." Rutenbeck pointed out that other efforts to censor sites have backfired when the communities withered after censorship was implemented. "A lot of communities just died a slow death... because they became so intolerant of anything that could offend anyone in the group."

This is war! I will never again apologize for my right wing stance. Michael
Savage is dead on. American liberalism is a mental disorder. Screw all you lefties!!!

"In any event, the proper question isn't what a journalist thinks is relevant but what his or her audience thinks is relevant. Denying people information they would find useful because you think they shouldn't find it useful is censorship, not journalism." ~ Michael Kinsley

betchatoo
02-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Screw all you lefties!!!

Not unless you look like Rebecca Romijn

Bala
02-07-2007, 10:43 PM
Would you settle for Paris Hilton?

Or,

{To be politically correct} perhaps her Dad (http://www.enduringvision.com/archives/paris_hiltons_father.htm).

“Children begin by loving their parents; as they grow older they judge them; sometimes, they forgive them” ~ Oscar Wilde

Snag
02-08-2007, 09:06 AM
I'm waiting for the column by Ted Rall supporting this jerk.

lsbets
02-08-2007, 09:56 AM
I think Arkin's comments reflect what a lot of folks who "support the troops" believe but won't say - that the soldiers are pampered mercenaries who should be grateful they are not spit on. Arkin has the right to say it, at least he is honest about what he thinks.

Bala
02-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Isbets,

It saddens me to think some {many?} may think this way.

What would America, land of the free, be without our military? Whether is was the revolt against Great Britain, our civil war or WWII. Modern American military supremacy ensure freedom for a great many nations.

In spite of Abu Grab and a few other improprieties, our military is the finest, best trained, discipled troops in human history. Please do not ascribe the gross failures and incompetents by our civilian leadership to our troops. Your military deserves more.

I have often wondered if not for our military - most of the world's living conditions would be similar to sub Saharan Africa. We provide a great measure of security to the entire globe. This includes the very freedoms you seem to take for granted.

“If there is not the war, you don't get the great general; if there is not a great occasion, you don't get a great statesman; if Lincoln had lived in a time of peace, no one would have known his name.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt

“We're in a fight for our principles and our first responsibility is to live by them.” ~ George W. Bush

skate
02-08-2007, 05:41 PM
ya, thanks bala;

i heard about this Farkin, oops, Arkin, "canyon dweller", but unlike many people in this country, we have here, on this board, enough dwellers to make us familiar with their disingenuous anger.

the lost minds, no longer rational and easily persuaded, yet still looking for 'the free ride' to be free.

im thinking, the week-kneed amongst us(USA) have a sell-by date, overdue.

Lefty
02-09-2007, 10:50 PM
lsbets, yeah he can say what he thinks; but the point is NBC puts him on as an expert and no mention of his leftwing leanings or of organizations he's worked with such as Greenpeace. Pure leftwing bias by NBC and Wash Post.

JustRalph
02-10-2007, 10:20 AM
I think Arkin's comments reflect what a lot of folks who "support the troops" believe but won't say - that the soldiers are pampered mercenaries who should be grateful they are not spit on. Arkin has the right to say it, at least he is honest about what he thinks.

I laughed my ass off watching O'Reilly last night when a retired Lt. General called Arkin a "Scumbag" that was funny.

lsbets
02-10-2007, 10:30 AM
I laughed my ass off watching O'Reilly last night when a retired Lt. General called Arkin a "Scumbag" that was funny.

I just wish I had some of those "obscene amenities" we ship to the troops in Iraq while I was sleeping in a tent or riding around in a humvee with no AC wearing 70 pounds of crap when it was 140 degrees outside. Oh heck, who am I to complain, as Arkin pointed out, I should just be grateful I wasn't spit on when I got home.