PDA

View Full Version : PBD TRAINING TRACK & PLETCHER

BIG49010
02-07-2007, 12:09 PM
Pletcher seems to have his best horses at PBD, can he train them here?

There is very little info on this place on web, has anybody visited it?

point given
02-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Pletcher seems to have his best horses at PBD, can he train them here?

There is very little info on this place on web, has anybody visited it?

NO , havenot been there, but it is a private training facility. I would assume that he can go there, but could very well be mistaken. CAn he in fact train at a private training site ? Trainers are banned from racetrack facilities, of course, but i don't know how they could be banned from a private facility. Also, what exactly are the restrictions in communicating with his assistant starters ? Can they talk with each other ? how could this possibly be enforced ?

speedking
02-07-2007, 01:06 PM
Pletcher is running his whole operation from an office at PMM

njcurveball
02-07-2007, 01:15 PM
The suspension of a Super Trainer is like telling the GM of a baseball team he cannot talk to the players.

As for communication, it isn't very hard to have them call their girlfriend or assistant who then talks to the Suspended trainer and relays the information back.

With text messaging and blackberrys and email, there is no way to prove an email from Scott Lake's girlfriend really came from him.

In fact, I think Lake's girlfriend has one of the highest winning percentages ever in her short stint as one of his fill ins.

As seen at Gulfstream and other tracks, suspending Pletcher has not hurt the operation. This is the problem with racing, the penalties are far less than the rewards.

There should be a system in place where these trainers are convicted of a crime and face jail time. Who cares if they get suspended when all they do is talk to the Assistants on a cell phone most of the time?

Pletcher horses can win 25% even if they choose someone from this board to be the "name" trainer. The form should add a notation for the stable in the entries to give the casual fan a break.

They also work out at Palm Meadows (PMM) and Payson Park. I doubt the NTRA would post guards everywhere keeping him out of those places.

If you want to see how well Pletcher or his proxy are doing, you can just go here.

http://www.toddpletcherracing.com/

Jim

kenwoodallpromos
02-07-2007, 03:26 PM
I guess he cannot saddle stakes horses while suspended. But I assume any "trainer" can still push paperwork while the assistant does scheduling and the exercise rider actually trains the horse!!LOL!!

karlskorner
02-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Palm Meadows (PMM) is a perfect example of what the business of horse racing and race tracks should be about. Owned by Magna Entertainment (FRANK STRONACH) it's a site to behold. I visited several times during construction and when it was done. 40 barns, 36 stalls each, 1 1/8 mile training track, 7/8 mile turf track.

4 story dorms for the help, furnished, two beds each room, rooms for married help, washers/dryers, ice machines, tv's. A 4 story Pavilion Bldg. with kitchen, rec. rooms, tv's, showers on and on. The top 3 floors are 1 BR efficencies for Trainers, furnished to the hilt.

Mr. Pletcher is conducting his business from the cat bird seat.

Ponyplayr
02-07-2007, 07:48 PM
Not sure but I can find out.
That didn't take long..Del Ray..http://maps.citysearch.com/map/view/33501824

BIG49010
02-07-2007, 10:14 PM
I found the location map also in Delray, still wondering if anyone has seen this place, I know about Palm Meadow's Karl, this is Palm Beach Down.

ELA
02-07-2007, 10:36 PM
Maybe I am missing something here, however, I thought that during his suspension, Todd Pletcher was not allowed on the grounds of Palm Meadows.

Now I am not sure of the specifics or what the laws/rules dictate, however, when a trainer is suspended I don't think he/she is allowed on the grounds of any racetrack (assuming full nationwide reciprocity) or any licensed training center (I have also heard the phrase "approved" training center). A "licensed" training center, I thought, is where horses can be stabled, trained and can ship in to race. I would think offically recorded works would be an issue. In addition to the training center being licensed, doesn't it have to be under some purview of the state/regulatory bodies, in a sense that they have access, can visit, search, etc. for illegal activities.

Now a private training center? I am not sure where that falls into this equation. Several years ago, Mike Gill owned and operated his own "private" training center. Was that an approved or "licensed" facility? I'm not sure of how this plays out.

Eric

saratoga guy
02-08-2007, 12:03 AM
The current rules -- or perhaps simply the enforcement of those rules -- make a mockery of the idea that these suspensions are deterrents.

Pletcher's suspension read like this:

During your period of suspension, you shall not participate in New York State pari - mutuel horse racing, directly or indirectly, you shall be denied privileges and use of the grounds of New York State racetracks and you shall be forbidden to participate in any share of purses . Horses owned or trained by you, or those employees or agents who continue to serve as your agents or employees during such period of suspension; and horse in regard to which you are making arrangments with any owner, directly or indirectly, to care for, train, enter in races, invoice, collect fees or other payments, employee workers, orotherwise handle; shall not be allowed to participate in pari - mutuel racing and are denied privileges of the grounds . This shall not preclude agents or employees of you, who are not serving as such during the period of you sspension, from participating in pari - mutuel racing as owners, trainers,and grooms, as long as they are licensed and perform those duties consistent with rules and regulations of the State of New York.

Saying that a trainer shall not participate indirectly is a fairly broad statement. And to think that these guys aren't participating at least indirectly seems naive. Hence, the enforcement is lacking...

California recently proposed rules that would require all horses to be removed from the care of a suspended trainer and any of his/her associates. Maybe that's what is needed.

point given
02-09-2007, 01:21 AM
The current rules -- or perhaps simply the enforcement of those rules -- make a mockery of the idea that these suspensions are deterrents.

Pletcher's suspension read like this:

During your period of suspension, you shall not participate in New York State pari - mutuel horse racing, directly or indirectly, you shall be denied privileges and use of the grounds of New York State racetracks and you shall be forbidden to participate in any share of purses . Horses owned or trained by you, or those employees or agents who continue to serve as your agents or employees during such period of suspension; and horse in regard to which you are making arrangments with any owner, directly or indirectly, to care for, train, enter in races, invoice, collect fees or other payments, employee workers, orotherwise handle; shall not be allowed to participate in pari - mutuel racing and are denied privileges of the grounds . This shall not preclude agents or employees of you, who are not serving as such during the period of you sspension, from participating in pari - mutuel racing as owners, trainers,and grooms, as long as they are licensed and perform those duties consistent with rules and regulations of the State of New York.

Saying that a trainer shall not participate indirectly is a fairly broad statement. And to think that these guys aren't participating at least indirectly seems naive. Hence, the enforcement is lacking...

California recently proposed rules that would require all horses to be removed from the care of a suspended trainer and any of his/her associates. Maybe that's what is needed.

It looked like him, at Gulfstream today. Looked like he was wearing a dark wig and sun glasses though and had a trench coat on. Followed him into the bathroom and saw him take out of a bag, a mallet, small knife, tubing and plastic bags. He also reaked of urine and tossed a diaper in the trash. heard him say he had just driven down nonstop from Orlando. ;)

point given
02-09-2007, 01:29 AM
Pletcher is running his whole operation from an office at PMM

Doubt he is at Palm Meadows because it is owned and operated by Magna/Gulfstream ; hence it is a racetrack facility. As the thread starter stated, his best horses are working out at Palm Beach Downs. This is a private facility and I can't see how the racing officials can enforce anything at a private place.