PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Racing Story

bigmack
02-05-2007, 04:10 PM
I've got a few doozies. Post em if ya got em.

http://www.mikesfreegifs.com/main4/horse/ani-gallop.gif

CryingForTheHorses
02-05-2007, 07:53 PM
I had a friend call me one nite who knew I was looking for a horse..This was wed nite and he told me I could buy this horse for 2k now or wait until he raced the following fri and have him for 5 k.I bought the horse for 2k.I Then let the old trainers rider ride him the following fri...Geeze I thought he didnt come out of the gate as I didnt see him...He got beat 40 lengths..I then convinced my Lisa to ride him in his next start..He was running at the end going 5 1/2..I came out from hiding under the staircase to greet her as she was pulling up..Geeze she had a huge smile on her face for finishing last...She jumped off the horse,Patted him on the neck and said to me.."Run him two turns and I will ride him back for you...Dont forget she hadnt rode a race in two years...Ten days later going 1 1/6 in a 7 horse field she gunned him out of the gate and opened up 3 going around the first turn...Down the backside she kept him to the task...Going around the last turn Phil Salzman told the crowd she was starting to get away...She won the race by 4 went off at 25-1 and paid $52.00...So my 2k horse made $4500 for the purse..I bet $50 on him as Lisa loved him...It was a fune day as Longshot Lisa did it again