PDA

View Full Version : Mom's Command

PaceAdvantage
02-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Champion Mom's Command Euthanized at 24 (http://breeding.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=37410)
Champion Mom's Command, who won the Filly Triple Crown while ridden by owner Peter Fuller's daughter, Abby, was euthanized at age 24. More... (http://breeding.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=37410)

While reading the above article about her on BloodHorse (she was before my time), I found some interesting things I did not know about her:

It is noteworthy that each of Mom's Command's 16 races (11 wins, two seconds, and a third) was contested in a stakes event, even her maiden win at Rockingham Park on July 17, 1984, in the Faneuil Miss Stakes at odds of 44-1. She won at distances ranging from five furlongs to 1 1/2-mile before her retirement Sept. 29, 1985, after wrenching her ankle while in training for the Rare Perfume Stakes at Belmont Park.

Additionally, she defeated every filly who ever finished in front of her, including the best of her generation such as Outstandingly, Fran's Valentine, and Lady's Secret. Mom's Command would rip the hearts out
of her competition, letting them get close on the turn, then rebreaking. In her Triple Crown sweep, she defeated 18 different fillies, none of which was closer than 2 1/2 lengths to her at the finish line.

cj
02-04-2007, 05:35 PM
I saw her in defeat at Garden State Park. She was a huge favorite, but I remember betting Clock's Secret because I knew that the jock, I think it was Rick Wilson, was aware the inside was death at the new track. Obviously, Abby Fuller, did not.

She was a great horse.

Can I get the "oldest redboard" Pacey?

Suff
02-04-2007, 06:07 PM
While reading the above article about her on BloodHorse (she was before my time), I found some interesting things I did not know about her:

Peter Fuller owned Fuller Cadillac. Right there on Commonwealth and Park Drive near where you lived when you went to school here.

He still owns one of the most successful network of Auto Dealerships in the Country. A wealthy man, and his daughter rode for pure action. She never needed a dollar in her life.

Observer
02-04-2007, 11:27 PM
She was amazing .. fun to watch her run through that series for the Filly Triple Crown. This sobbing Barbaro idiot is also saddened by the news of this loss as well.

classhandicapper
02-05-2007, 09:31 AM
She was fun to watch. Brings back memories. :(

pic6vic
02-05-2007, 09:39 AM
She is now a trainer married wayne catalano

Abby Fuller-Catalano