PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio H - SAX 2/4/2007

DJofSD
02-04-2007, 02:17 PM
7 runners going with the luke warm ML favorite Preachinatthebar.

Who goes to the lead? To me it looks like the favorite. But will he be able to hold off the charge in the lane? It could be Ball Four presses him early and on his outside. Fairbanks should press the pace. How long they can keep the pressure on Preachin' is, for me, they key.

At 3:1 Preachin' looks like a generous offer. But I have doubts. Will some one like Southern Africa have the race set up for him? With only 7 in the race, an off the pace horse should not have too many traffic problems.

Robert Fischer
02-04-2007, 02:40 PM
Good luck on this one. Too Tough for me to call.

Backus breaks alertly could have the lead on the rail if Preachin doesn't need it. Preacin' seems to make a "middle move" too often but has a decent shot in this soft G2. I don't like Ball Four at all on dirt, except to make things possibly a little wide for solid-but-not-spectacular Fairbanks.

El Roblar is interesting and possibly in form, as is Southern Africa off the pace. Espinoza will likes to drop way back with Molengao moving from the rear (too late?).

Robert Fischer
02-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Backus was scratched

Espinoza gets Molengao up!
Ball Four was a very game second.
El roblar pays $5 to show.

abuttry
02-05-2007, 01:38 AM
+Backus was scratched

Espinoza gets Molengao up!
Ball Four was a very game second.
El roblar pays $5 to show.

Gomez was on Molengao..............Espinoza fell off in the 3rd but rode the fifth race winner and then must have taken off

Robert Fischer
02-05-2007, 11:01 AM
+

Gomez was on Molengao..............Espinoza fell off in the 3rd but rode the fifth race winner and then must have taken off

Wow. Thanks. I totally missed that fact. I did not wager sunday, and haven't been through the charts. I took a peek at the calracing replays site (with results hidden) in between Super Bowl festivities. Gomez's portrayal of Espinoza was top shelf :blush:.